How can I add my POI files? — TomTom Community

How can I add my POI files?

Before the app updated today I was able to upload my poi files and have them appear in the Myplaces section.
How can I do this now?

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,880
    Superuser
    Hi @DaveC4

If you have updated to the new App it does not support the Poi function.

Doug
  • DaveC4DaveC4 Posts: 5 [Novice Seeker]
    Thats rubbish. Once again TT have removed function.
    So what do I do with my 200 poi's in the USA for starters?
    so where to complain about this?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,398
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @DaveC4
    DaveC4 wrote: »
    So where to complain about this?
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MrGainMrGain Posts: 34 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,
    Is it possible to reload / find the "old" version of TomTom GO Navigation app that would cope with user poi's?
    Thanks for the contact info.

However do you not agree that it is rubbish for useful functions to be removed with no notice and no replacement.
    I see that I am not the first to complain about this.

Is there a limit on the number of entries in "my places". I guess I'm about to find out when I have to scroll through about 300 places to find the one I want.......
  • Mauro_crvMauro_crv Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have Tha same problem with my many Personal PDI. It's impossible to reload all as fovorites. How I can downgrade to old version?
    Thank you
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 634 [Revered Pioneer]
    The only way to install the old 1.18.1 version is to download the APK from a APK mirror site and install it from this "unknown" source. (Not recommended by Google)
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,773
    Community Manager
    There is not really a need to contact Customer Support for your feedback. We also collect your feedback given here on Discussions.

And thanks for your feedback!
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 44 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    The inability to load my POI files is totally unforgivable Are TT committed to fixing this and if so, approx timescale?.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    It's been this way since 2013!!!! with the advent of what are referred to as Nav 4 devices.
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 264 [Exalted Navigator]
    More like late 2019.
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 44 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Sorry, I should have been more explicit. In v 1.18.1, I could sync my POIs via the .ov2 files downloaded to MyDrive, so that they appeared in My Places. Now they have disappeared when I've been upgraded to the new app. Why? Why would you release such a broken app that people's prized POI collections are unusable? (not too big an issue for me, but for some folks it will be)