Clunky Software - Pairing is awful!
I received my Go Camper yesterday and initial setup appeared to go ok.
Today after reading through the features etc I decided to pair it with my phone (iPhone 11). The main reason for me wanting to do this is is for the use of the phones data when the Go Camper loses connection via the built in SIM.
I had already registered a MyDrive account, so downloaded the app. I followed the process for pairing, which to be honest has way to many steps considering Bluetooth has been around a while and a very simple service to connect to in all other Btooth devices.
The phone pairs and shows connected in the Go Camper. With the exception of the Call Answering feature all other features state that they failed to connect. In the phones Bluetooth settings you will either see two copies connected, or a variation of one connected and one trying etc....
The data sharing will simply not work.
Now heres my gripe... I have read through numerous posts in this group with bluetooth and wifi connectivity being a very common issue. The superusers and moderators default answers are always the same, “ Soft Restart, followed by hard restart, followed by call TomTom”.
C’mon guys, with this being such a regular issue surely TomTom should be looking at the firm/software as its been going on for a long time. The whole connectivity approach is clunky and feels more like poorly written code tbh.
Moderators, do you have catchup sessions with TomTom to discuss common issues as to me it feels no-one is monitoring and reporting.
Now before I receive the default answers, yes I have completed soft/hard restarts, completely removed the paired phone and tried the pairing multiple times.