Reinstall Old App? — TomTom Community

Reinstall Old App?

I am singularly unimpressed by this new app (2.2.3) that seems to have no useful additions (for me) and plenty of disadvantages. My phone memory is now right at the limit (meaning the phone now crawls along). The turn indication takes up a quarter of the map (why?). The vehicle location is often many tens of metres behind the actual location. Odd things don't work etc., etc.
So, can anyone tell me how to revert to the old version please?

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    The location problem is from the device, it doesn't get a normal GPS fix. There is no way to revert to the old version but to get the APK file for the old one (if you use Android).
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 699 [Revered Pioneer]
    The only way to install the old 1.18.1 version is to download the APK from a APK mirror site and install it from this "unknown" source. (Not recommended by Google)
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 269 [Exalted Navigator]
    1.18.1 will sideload fine from APK mirror. The problem is that it is a dead end. The road stops when your subscription to "old" TT expires. No more map updates. Not sure what else won't work anymore.
  • Coaster1200Coaster1200 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm now a happy user of an app that works. FYI, the location lag didn't happen with 1.8.1 and doesn't happen with Google Maps so you might be a bit wide of the mark there xwintech. Also, it lessened yesterday while I was using the latest version. My hunch is that it took a while to settle down and was struggling with an almost full internal sd card. I now have 2.3Gb free using 1.8.1 and the phone sings along.
    Again FYI, I first tried to restore from a recent Titanium Backup but the old app would not load - just froze at the "Loading App" screen. I downloaded 1.8.1 and it installed fine but all My Places were missing. It wouldn't sync with My Drive either. I uninstalled/reinstalled it and it was fine, so I must have done something wrong the first time.
    I'm OK with this being a "dead end". I've got 6 months subscription left so we will have to see if it is worth updating then or going elsewhere. I guess I'll have to live with constant nagging about an update being available!! Anyone know how to disable that?
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 269 [Exalted Navigator]
    "I've got 6 months subscription left so we will have to see if it is worth updating then or going elsewhere."

You will hit a dead end. There is no renewing your subscription to 1.18.1 once it expires. Mine expired in March. Moved on to a Garmin stand-alone.