MyDrive and Go620. — TomTom Community

MyDrive and Go620.

mrpj3mrpj3 Posts: 132 [Outstanding Explorer]
Don't know if this is in the correct section?
MyDrive app. installed in Android 10 phone. Go620 all up to date.
I have fastest route selected in both MyDrive and the Go620. When I plan a route in MyDrive there are usually two or three to choose. I select the route and send to my device. However, the route I select and send is ignored by the device and one of the alternatives is on the device. The route I choose in MyDrive is the fastest and obviously that which is on the device is not.
This has not happened previously that I recall. Is there some way that the route I choose may be forced onto the device?
Thanks.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,613
    Superuser
    edited August 8
    Hi

If you want to have the second or third suggested route, you must save the route in MyDrive and mark it for synchronization

Tap on the small arrow next to the trip duration
    xxvc12vbgqeh.jpg

Then tap on "save in my routes".
    h4ue831jntbj.jpg

scroll down a little and press the button "Synchronize this route as a track with my devices" and then "Save"
    tgazwg7x1994.jpg

When your device has synced, you can find the Route as a "Track" in your device under "MyRoutes" with a dotted Arrow in front of the Routname.

Note: If you only use the button "Send destination" or "Send stops" only the destination and the stops will be transmitted to the device and the device will calculate the route to the destination / between the stops with the settings you have set in the device

Sorry for the German screenshots but they show what i mean.
  • mrpj3mrpj3 Posts: 132 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited August 10
    Many thanks, that possibly works. However, when I select the "track" on the device there's a screen message - "Drive to..... Nearest Point Starting Point"
    What's all that about? Which do I select?
    It's crazy that the fastest route I select, first of three alternatives, will not load onto the device. The alternative is further and longer time/distance via Motorways!
    When I selet avoid motorways in settings, the route I want to use does transfer to the device.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,613
    Superuser
    Let me try to explain it with an example.
    0r58ojzr7hv3.png
    you are planning a track from 2 to 3. your current location is 1
    If you call up the track in the device and tap "to start", the device plans a route from 1 to 2 and then guides you on the track from 2 to 3
    If you call up the track in the device and tap "to next point", the device plans a route from 1 to 4 and then guides you on the track from 4 to 3
    So a track is a kind of breadcrumb track that your device should follow. Traffic and blockings are not considered

It maybe easier for you if you select the destination in your device, calculate the route and then select Menu/Current route/search alternative ont the device
  • mrpj3mrpj3 Posts: 132 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks again. That's far too complicated!
    I'm planning a track (or route) from my current location to the final destination.
    It still doesn't explain why the route I choose in MyDrive does not transfer to the device. Surely that route should transfer and not a longer and slower route which the device seems to prefer?
    "It maybe easier for you if you select the destination in your device, calculate the route and then select Menu/Current route/search alternative ont the device "
    Which is the only way to persuade the device of the route I want to take. If I do that MyDrive doesn't show that route or traffic etc. in spite of being synched with the device.
    Anyway, many thanks for the help, it is appreciated.