Update failed on GO 5000 — TomTom Community

Update failed on GO 5000

bought replacement GO5000 mine broken to try to register to my drive screen shows "update failed"

Best Answer

• harv-1harv-1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    thanks tried twice reset but still comes up "update failed"when i press link new device very frustrating the device works fine but of course I cannot update it

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Download MyDrive connect and connect the device to PC. Do the updates from there.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,130
    Superuser
    Hi @harv-1

Have you done a factory reset on the replacement unit and when setting it up input the same account as you had on the old unit. You can have more then one unit on the same account and units using the same account synchronise all the My places etc.

Once you have done a factory rest the unit should appear in My Drive Connect as being on the same account.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

Doug
    tried to do factory reset but cannot find main menu or map view thanks for your help sorry a bit of an old twit
    Superuser
    Hi @harv-1

On the new to you unit do as I said above

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

When the unit has restarted you will have set the unit up again with the language, your account details and password, etc . By inputting the same account details as you previous unit worked with then your My Places etc should appear on the new unit.

If your new unit is not starting normally and going to the map page then give us a little more detail please.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    thanks tried twice reset but still comes up "update failed"when i press link new device very frustrating the device works fine but of course I cannot update it
    Superuser
    Hi @harv-1

Are you assaying that having soon e the resets that the new unit does not appear in My Drive Connect. If so then if you are clicking on the update being offered for your old unit then it will fail. We need to get the new unit to appear in My Drive Connect.

Maybe @lampard can have a look at this. Look back her later.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,839 Moderator
    Hi @harv-1

Welcome to the Community! I can see that there are pending downloads in queue for your device. If the device is not connected to the computer then please follow the steps below:
    1. Disconnect device from computer. Quit MyDrive application.
    2. Soft Reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more.
    3. Delete HOME3 folder from the computer
    6. Open MyDrive connect.
    7. When your device is turned on, connect the device to the computer.
    8. On MyDrive Connect in the right bottom corner, it will say ‘updating’.
    Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed. Make sure you're using wired, unrestricted Internet connection before starting the download. Also, apply changes to any Internet Security Software installed to allow TomTom software full access.

Regards, lampard