Device is not opening GO 6000 series — TomTom Community

Device is not opening GO 6000 series

the device wont open..a picture representing a PC and the device connected with a wire X in red appears.If the device could open i can reset and refresh the device. I hear from many people that this series has all cardboard problem??? What is your advice...? I have a life time licence and wanted to benefit from my device, utilised 3 times in 5 years for very long distance only.
thanks

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,209
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    @DENIZKARATMANLI
    Welcome to the site...
    (Snip) I hear from many people that this series has all cardboard problem???
    What does that mean ???
    What is your advice...? I have a lifetime licence and wanted to benefit from my device, utilized 3 times in 5 years for very long distance only (Snip)
    You have probably run the battery dead flat...
    Lithium battery's should always be properly maintained, one of the worst things you can do to a Lithium Battery is to store it in a discharged state....

It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device.....
    When in Recovery Mode for the Recovery process to complete....
    The device MUST be connected over a USB Cable...
    MyDrive Connect running on your PC, and be capable displaying as CONNECTED on MyDrive Connect....

See Tomtom FAQ... Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (7) & (8)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and if a connection to MyDrive Connect has NOT established....
    Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out....

This is a Tomtom User Forum where Users help each other....
    You may need to contact Tomtom Support on Monday....

Due to COVID-19 the Tomtom Support phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Stay Safe... ATB YFM