Voices — TomTom Community

Voices

Hi I had alot of voices on my old tomtom but cannot seem to add them to my tomtom start 20 - no file explorer to add my files to tomtom voices folder :0( Anyone help ? Cheers Mark

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,130
    Superuser
    Hi @BikerNico69

Some of the old voices are not compatible. Which voices have you got in mind and then possibly one of the Mods on here can add those that are compatible with the unit to your account so you can add them to the unit.

Doug
  • BikerNico69BikerNico69 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Iv`e got Darth Vader - Ozzy Osborne - bleeped - Darth Vader - Yoda I`d appreciate any of these adding to my account :0) - Thankyou
    Superuser
    Hi @BikerNico69

Let’s see how many of those @VikramK is able to add to your account so you can download them because they are comparable with your new unit.

Look back tomorrow.

Doug
    Many thanks :)
    No voices been added as yet :0(
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    Hi @BikerNico69
    I am sorry about my late reply here, I probably missed this one...
    Darth Vader and Yoda has been added. Ozzy Osborne is no longer available.

Thanks, Vikram
    Superuser
    Hi @BikerNico69

My apologise but when I flagged your request Vikram was on holiday and I did not realise at the time and did not pick up the your request had not been answered as I had anticipated.

Hope all is okay now.

Doug
    Hi Doug and think my unit must be faulty downloaded voices but they didn`t show up on my unit ? went to change the voice and there not in there but says there on there in the tomtom app ?? Give up lol more bloody hassle than its worth better in the old days where you could just add them to the voices folder manually :0) Thanks for trying though :0) Cheers
    Superuser
    edited August 20
    Hi @BikerNico69

On the unit have you scrolled all the way up and down the list.

What do you mean the voices are in the app??

Doug
    They show as installed on tomtom my drive but do not appear in the list of voices on the unit ? so I have no idea where they are lol and yes scrolled the list up and down and no sign of them mystery indeed cheers
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    Hi BikerNico69

Could you try switching to a different unit on the device and see if the voices get listed-
    qf8weczi0tts.png

Thanks, Vikram