GO 600 wont connect or download any maps — TomTom Community

GO 600 wont connect or download any maps

I have tried the reset but nothing works time for the bin I think wont be buying any more tomtom products
It wont download any updates cant get a smaller map on it just going round in circles can I put a mad on the sd card without MYdrive? Or do a total reset?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,903
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @gelly59

May be an issue with the My Drive Connect Software

Have a look at this post and try some of the suggestions for sorting MDC out. These comments apply even if you are not seeing Servers busy.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1695959/#Comment_1695959

Lets know what happens.

Doug
  • gelly59gelly59 Posts: 12 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi Doug tried all permutations and still wont have it
    Superuser
    Hi @gelly59.

Go to the My Drive website and log into your account and check that all your My places etc are saved there so will re-install after a factory reset when the unit logs into your account.

I would, after making sure the unit is well charged or attached to a power source, try a factory reset.

Tap Menu/Settings/System/Reset device.

When the unit has restarted after the Reset the Current Operating System and Map versions on the unit will be the same as they were before.

Doug
    edited August 2020
    sorry Doug I cant do anything with the TomTom there are no icons on it I cant do anything with it
    Superuser
    Hi @gelly59

Are you saying the GO600 will not even start whether on a power supply or not?

In answer to part of the original question you cannot add a map to the SD card without My Drive.

Doug
    it powers up but no maps and no menu
    and it wont stay connected to the laptop
    Superuser
    it starts by downloading an update for 30 secs then goes to a not connected screen
    I cant keep it connect to select the corrupt file when it connects it goes straight to download
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @gelly59

Lets see if @VikramK can have a look at the TT server logs for your device and see if there is a problem as a result of you trying many times.Look back here tomorrow when he will be back on the forum.

If You have not tried already have a look at the My Drive Connect icon pin the system tray and when you click on it clear the cache file.

Doug
    ok thanks tried clearing it many times
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    Hi @gelly59

I have asked the 2nd Line team to review the logs but nothing from our side.
    Probably a connection or a network problem. Make sure the USB cable is connected properly, directly into a USB port on the computer and not into a USB hub or USB port on a keyboard or monitor.
    Use only the USB cable supplied with the device. Other USB cables may not work.
    If the issue still persists then try updating the device on a different computer.

Thanks, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,452
    Superusers
    Hi
    @gelly59
    gelly59 wrote: »
    it starts by downloading an update for 30 secs then goes to a not connected screen
    Re "Download/installation interrupted".....
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if 'Yes' plug your device into a USB port on that... Others users have found that to work....

On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu... You will need to edit the Registry before the USB Selective Suspend menu will display (See Note... (4) below)

Laptop users also see Note (1) (2) & (3)
    Note... (1) My Linx 10/10 Win10 Tablet is exactly the same... I had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu

kt9idp9azgzl.jpgNote...(2) Recently a User with a Dell XPS 9360 Laptop also exactly the same problem ... he also had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu

Note... (3) Thanks User 333....
    (Quote)... Just had a similar problem with new Dell XPS 13 7390 (running Windows 10) which only comes with USB-C port. Found that I was able to update my TomTom Via 225 (using a supplied USB-C to USB-3 cable/hub) only after changing this setting in Windows 10:
    Settings - Device - USB - Untick this box: 'Stop devices when my screen is off to help save battery'
    If you're having problems with connected devices, clear the check-box (End Quote)

Note... (4) Editing the Registry... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks guys but I am not finding the same thing in my advanced power
    settings my laptop is a hp Envy I have also tried on a mac book same there as well