Feature Request: Moped/Scooter Mode — TomTom Community

Feature Request: Moped/Scooter Mode

ZeroEnnaZeroEnna Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hey everyone,

I tried to get my hands on a VIO, but they are gone, so I tried the next best thing, which would be a Tom Tom Rider navi, however, here's the deal: I have not yet gotten a motorcycle license. What I can drive, however, is a scooter or a moped. The problem is that many of the roads are prohibited, like highways, motorways and stuff. So here's a suggestion: Program a moped or scooter mode into your Rider navi, that lets us switch to 45 kmh only, and gives us only routes that are fine for us scooterists to ride. If we then upgrade to a "big bike", we just disable that mode and we're good to go.

Mobiole phones are no alternative since all the mounts more or less destroy them (an Austrian YouTuber made a video about it, how the vibrations from the bike mess with the optical image stabilizer and destroy it eventually).

SO yeah, that would be nice!

Kind Regards

Zero

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 679 [Revered Pioneer]
    There is already a Walking and Bicycle routing option in the TomTom Rider.
    Maybe the Bicycle route helps a bit for you.

But here in the Netherlands mopeds must drive on the street in urban areas and on the bicycle lane outside built-up areas. Also there are many Bicycle only roads where
    mopeds are not allowed.
    I expect this is less of a problem in Germany.

@VikramK can you add moped routing as a feature request?
  • ZeroEnnaZeroEnna Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    RoadRider wrote: »
    There is already a Walking and Bicycle routing option in the TomTom Rider.
    Maybe the Bicycle route helps a bit for you.

Unfortunately no, this doesn't help me that much.
    RoadRider wrote: »
    But here in the Netherlands mopeds must drive on the street in urban areas and on the bicycle lane outside built-up areas. Also there are many Bicycle only roads where
    mopeds are not allowed.
    I expect this is less of a problem in Germany.

Same as in Germany, however, my problem is that the normal motorcycle navigation allows you to drive on the bottom two streets in this image:

Bord_grensovergang_NL.jpg

however, as you know, these two are a no-go for scooters/mopeds, therefor; I would love to have a way to exclude them from the navigation in Rider.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 679 [Revered Pioneer]
    You can avoid the Motorways on a Route by Route basis....
    Plan & Calculate your Route ->
    .... Menu -> 'Current Route' -> 'Avoid Road Types' -> Select... 'Avoid Motorways'
  • ZeroEnnaZeroEnna Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you! If it's that easy, all I need to do is find a decent holder for my mirror!
    Thank you so much!