Old map — TomTom Community

Old map

When I last updated the device, I apparently got an old map. Several years old. How do I deal with this?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Swedish)

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    Hi @KarlÅke40

Welcome to the community!
    I think you have two maps installed on the device and need to switch between them to activate the map you updated.

465slvnfdzwv.png

Thanks, Vikram
  • KarlÅke40KarlÅke40 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you! It seems to work. Can I delete the map I don’t use?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,124
    Superuser
    edited August 6
    Hi @KarlÅke40

You can delete it but unless you have less than 400mb of free memory on the unit I would not delete it. If you have limited Free memory let us know how much here.

The benefit of having a second map is that if you are updating your main map and there is an issue and was a result the map is lost you still have a map on the device so the unit will start up and operate normally. The unit needs a valid map on it to be able to start otherwise you are in the No Map Found situation.

Should you lose the main map because of an issue during an update, which you should do one at a time, then with the device working normally you can go to My Drive Connect and reload it. The map will not be totally lost as it is tied to the Units serial number and should always be available to it.

Doug
  • KarlÅke40KarlÅke40 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank again! I think I leave it as it is.