Go Premium - Lifetime* Traffic and Speed Cameras via built-in SIM — TomTom Community

Go Premium - Lifetime* Traffic and Speed Cameras via built-in SIM

I recently bought a Go Premium with Lifetime* Traffic and Speed Cameras via built-in SIM
Now...
Unit says Traffic has expired
Website says Speed Cameras has expired
How do I fix/update this?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,419
    Superusers
    edited August 5
    Hi
    @Adrian99
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    It's a bit late for today @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Adrian99Adrian99 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ah, ok. Thank you for your reply.
    Strange though. The services were working when I bought the unit (direct from TomTom). The unit was bought in June and still shows up in my account online. Any idea how long the wait might be for registering services at the moment? ie how long am I likely to have to wait before the services are reinstated?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,419
    Superusers
    edited August 5
    Hi
    @Adrian99
    The Moderators usually pick these queries up in the Morning....
    You could try a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Ok, I've tried the Soft/Drum roll restart and there's no change (either on the unit or on the website). Both services are still showing as unavailable or expired.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.
    I'll wait to see what @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators say in the morning.
    Thanks anyway.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    edited August 6
    Hi @Adrian99

Welcome to the community!
    Maps/Traffic and Speed Camera services should be lifetime on your GO PREMIUM.
    Please do a soft reset log in again with your account on the device and check for updates when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Thank you, Vikram.
    Hi @VikramK
    Thank you.
    Ok, so the soft reset has worked. I have everything back and working on the go Premium but the it seems to have gone from my account inventory online! “My products” only shows my older Go 5000! 🙄
    Any ideas how I fix that?
    I’m still logged in on the Go Premium to MyDrive.
    Hi @VikramK
    Thank you for your earlier help but could you let me know how to get my new GO Premium back onto and showing in my TomTom account online?
    Many thanks, Adrian
    Still waiting
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @Adrian99

@VikramK is on holiday. Lets see if @lampard can sort things for you

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi @Adrian99

I only see the Go 500 device linked to your account, maybe login on your Premium device with the TomTom account you used to log in here and see if it appears under.

Regards, lampard
    Hi,
    Thanks for taking the time...
    I’ve since tried a full reset and that worked.
    Clearly a bug somewhere. I just wish it was less painful getting to that point!
    Thanks for your time.