go 6200 — TomTom Community

go 6200

Nettie63Nettie63 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
hello
i need some help please . i got this of ebay as a truck tomtom but it has no truck settings . how do i buy the truck maps to install on this device
thanks for your time .

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,131
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Nettie63

Just to check if you go into Settings/Map / Choose another map can you find a Truck based map listed. If you can then Select it.

If you have not got a Truck map listed when you do the above go to Settings/Maps/ Add a Map and see if you can find any truck based maps listed among the World maps that should be shown there. If no reference is made to Truck against a map then it will be a standard car map.

If you find a Truck based map amongst the maps available in Add a Map then find a small map such as Iceland, Iraq or Venezuela and load one of them onto the unit. This will added to your your internal memory as it will be very small.

If you don't have an extra memory card in the unit on which you could down load the Truck map then go into Settings/Maps/ Delete Maps and delete the the main map on it leaving the little map alone. Where you have deleted the map go to Add Maps and add the Truck based map. With this loaded you will get the Truck options.

If you cannot find any Truck maps to download then advise here and we can ask oner of the Mods to check if the unit is in fact a GO 6200 Professional which is the truck version.

Doug
  • Nettie63Nettie63 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    i have tried all you asked and still no truck maps .
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Nettie63

Lets see what @VikramK has to say tomorrow. He should be able to tell whether it was originally sold as a Truck device.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    edited August 6 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Nettie63
    Welcome to the community!
    Had a quick look at your account and I see its not a GO PROFESSIONAL model that comes with Truck maps.

The device comes with embedded World Lifetime maps that are suitable for car navigation.

I would suggest that you contact the point of sale and see if you can get it replaced with a GO PROFESSIONAL model that comes with Truck maps.

Thanks, Vikram.
    Accepted Answer
    @DougLap do you think this upgrade will work if I buy it , i really need to get this working for a truck as i need it for work... thanks for your time and your help ..
    regards Nettie
    3qzl9ta101a3.jpeg

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Nettie63

Just to check if you go into Settings/Map / Choose another map can you find a Truck based map listed. If you can then Select it.

If you have not got a Truck map listed when you do the above go to Settings/Maps/ Add a Map and see if you can find any truck based maps listed among the World maps that should be shown there. If no reference is made to Truck against a map then it will be a standard car map.

If you find a Truck based map amongst the maps available in Add a Map then find a small map such as Iceland, Iraq or Venezuela and load one of them onto the unit. This will added to your your internal memory as it will be very small.

If you don't have an extra memory card in the unit on which you could down load the Truck map then go into Settings/Maps/ Delete Maps and delete the the main map on it leaving the little map alone. Where you have deleted the map go to Add Maps and add the Truck based map. With this loaded you will get the Truck options.

If you cannot find any Truck maps to download then advise here and we can ask oner of the Mods to check if the unit is in fact a GO 6200 Professional which is the truck version.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    i have tried all you asked and still no truck maps .
    edited August 5
    ok thank you
  • MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 82 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Shouldn't it be Go 6200 Professional for truckers?
    :/
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Nettie63

Lets see what @VikramK has to say tomorrow. He should be able to tell whether it was originally sold as a Truck device.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    edited August 6 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Nettie63
    Welcome to the community!
    Had a quick look at your account and I see its not a GO PROFESSIONAL model that comes with Truck maps.

The device comes with embedded World Lifetime maps that are suitable for car navigation.

I would suggest that you contact the point of sale and see if you can get it replaced with a GO PROFESSIONAL model that comes with Truck maps.

Thanks, Vikram.
    ouch :'( .. is there a upgrade for it , or a truck upgrade i can get for it .. thank you for your time

regards Nettie
    Wille0q317etnhs4.jpeg
    this upgrade work if i buy it
    Accepted Answer
    @DougLap do you think this upgrade will work if I buy it , i really need to get this working for a truck as i need it for work... thanks for your time and your help ..
    regards Nettie
    3qzl9ta101a3.jpeg
    edited August 6
    hI @DougLap @VikramK
    thank you both so much for your time and helping me sort this out ..
    I purchased the Truck upgrade and loaded it ..
    and it is working , took 15 mins to download and still space left ..
    your help and time is really appreciated , now i can drive with peace of mind knowing my truck can use the roads safely ..
    ONCE AGAIN .... THANK YOU ... :3B)