How can I get the directions instructions back on TOM TOM 6200? — TomTom Community

How can I get the directions instructions back on TOM TOM 6200?

Viv-SViv-S Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
I recently noticed that the "Serena" Voice from my TOM TOM 6200 stops giving instructions and directions when use to travelling to destinations. Not even say (You have reached your destination - at the end of the journey). How Can I get the details instruction back onto this device?
Thank you kindlky,
Viiv-S

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,888
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Viv-S

When you Tap menu do the Speaker icon on the left end or the Voice Icon on the right end of the Volume slider have a line through them. If so Tap them to remove the line and restore the voices.

Are all the Settings in Voices and Sounds and Warnings correct. In Sounds and warnings you want the unit set to give you Visual, Sound and Verbal instructions not just sounds or visual and Sounds.

Doug
    Superuser
    edited August 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Viv-S

Create a route then

Tap Menu
    Tap Current Route
    Tap Play Route Preview.

You will get an idea of what will happen when you are on the road. Saves petrol as well.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Viv-S

When you Tap menu do the Speaker icon on the left end or the Voice Icon on the right end of the Volume slider have a line through them. If so Tap them to remove the line and restore the voices.

Are all the Settings in Voices and Sounds and Warnings correct. In Sounds and warnings you want the unit set to give you Visual, Sound and Verbal instructions not just sounds or visual and Sounds.

Doug
  • Viv-SViv-S Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @DougLap,
    Thank you very much for your response to my query on this. You are right, I hadn't noticed that I may have accidentally touched (and turned "off") the voice icon. It is now back to "ON" and I will try to get the car out for a quick test to see (& hear) if all settings are back on to how it supposed to be.
    Thank you kindly,
    Viv-S
    Superuser
    edited August 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Viv-S

Create a route then

Tap Menu
    Tap Current Route
    Tap Play Route Preview.

You will get an idea of what will happen when you are on the road. Saves petrol as well.

Doug
  • Viv-SViv-S Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @DougLap,
    Brilliant tips! with "Play Route Preview".
    The "Voice directions instructions" back on as supposed to be, and most importantly save the fuel too!!
    Many thanks for your great help!!
    Viv-S
    Superuser
    Hi @Viv-S

Glad you are sorted.😂😂👍👍

Doug