why have you taken £2.99 from my account for something I haven't Authorised. I require a refund — TomTom Community

why have you taken £2.99 from my account for something I haven't Authorised. I require a refund

billchardbillchard Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
why have you taken £2.99 from my account for something I haven't Authorised. I require an immediate refund

Best Answers

• billchardbillchard Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks Doug for your help, I’m still trying to get to grips with all this technology
    Accepted Answer
    Mary
    I’ve deleted my credit card details now I will contact my credit card company Fraud department and report the theft of the money
    Accepted Answer
    Doug
    I paid for my Sat Nav with it

Answers

I have just wasted over an hour waiting to be answered on the Chat, I started at number 15 in the queue and when i got down to number 5 i suddenly jumped back to 20th in the queue. Tom Tom, if you want to keep your customers you need t pull your socks up
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,884
    Superuser
    Hi @billchard

Get the impression you do not realise this is a Customer Based forum where users try to help one another. It is not a direct contact to Tomtom Customer Support.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks Doug for your help, I’m still trying to get to grips with all this technology
    Thanks Mary, I’ll try and delete my credit card details as you have suggested
    Accepted Answer
    Mary
    I’ve deleted my credit card details now I will contact my credit card company Fraud department and report the theft of the money
    Saffris
    Thank you for that information. I will be having a word with my credit card company fraud section first thing tomorrow morning. As far as I am concerned I have never entered into a contract with TomTom to steal
    Money from my credit card account. It’s theft!.
  • SaffrisSaffris Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Niall wrote: »
    @Saffris @billchard

TomTom are relying on clause 4.2 of their T&Cs
    T&Cs wrote:
    4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials
    A Service may be offered on a single basis or on a subscription basis. When you have a paid subscription, the Service will be provided to you either in a monthly or a fixed basis. Monthly Paid Subscriptions will be entered into for an indefinite period of time, and you will be automatically charged to your preferred payment method at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable, unless you cancel the monthly subscription BEFORE the subscription period is renewed. Subscriptions will be entered into for an indefinite period of time, unless TomTom and you have agreed on a fixed period of time.

TomTom may also offer you a trial subscription for a paid monthly or fixed subscription, without payment or at a reduced rate (a “Trial Subscription") from time to time and at TomTom’s sole discretion. TomTom has the right to determine the eligibility and revoke or modify the Trial Subscription terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and without liability to You or third parties, to the extent permitted by the applicable law.

If you want to make use of the Trial Subscription, TomTom will require you to provide your preferred payment method. By providing such details, you agree that TomTom may automatically charge you for the paid subscription (either on a recurring monthly or fix basis) on the first day after the end of the trial subscription, You will be informed in advance about the applicable payment, billing cycle and any other relevant detail for such paid subscription. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION ONCE THE TRIAL PERIOD HAS ENDED, YOU MUST CANCEL THE APPLICABLE PAID SUBSCRIPTION BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION AS PER SECTION 4.3.

You can check the details of your Subscriptions at https://www.tomtom.com/account/details.html#my-subscriptions by using your TomTom account email address and password. Click on account and then on “Subscriptions”.
    Niall wrote: »
    @Saffris @billchard

TomTom are relying on clause 4.2 of their T&Cs
    T&Cs wrote:
    4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials
    A Service may be offered on a single basis or on a subscription basis. When you have a paid subscription, the Service will be provided to you either in a monthly or a fixed basis. Monthly Paid Subscriptions will be entered into for an indefinite period of time, and you will be automatically charged to your preferred payment method at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable, unless you cancel the monthly subscription BEFORE the subscription period is renewed. Subscriptions will be entered into for an indefinite period of time, unless TomTom and you have agreed on a fixed period of time.

TomTom may also offer you a trial subscription for a paid monthly or fixed subscription, without payment or at a reduced rate (a “Trial Subscription") from time to time and at TomTom’s sole discretion. TomTom has the right to determine the eligibility and revoke or modify the Trial Subscription terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and without liability to You or third parties, to the extent permitted by the applicable law.

If you want to make use of the Trial Subscription, TomTom will require you to provide your preferred payment method. By providing such details, you agree that TomTom may automatically charge you for the paid subscription (either on a recurring monthly or fix basis) on the first day after the end of the trial subscription, You will be informed in advance about the applicable payment, billing cycle and any other relevant detail for such paid subscription. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION ONCE THE TRIAL PERIOD HAS ENDED, YOU MUST CANCEL THE APPLICABLE PAID SUBSCRIPTION BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION AS PER SECTION 4.3.

You can check the details of your Subscriptions at https://www.tomtom.com/account/details.html#my-subscriptions by using your TomTom account email address and password. Click on account and then on “Subscriptions”.

The issue is I never subscribed in the first place!
    Superuser
    Hi @Saffris

You say that you have never subscribed for Speed Camera updates if so how do they have your credit card details.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Doug
    I paid for my Sat Nav with it
    Superuser
    Hi @billchard

Thank yolu. When was this and for what model.

Doug
    Doug
    It was about a year ago I bought direct from TomTom and paid with my credit card. I purchased a GO6200.

Just for the information of others, I have spoken to the Fraud department of my credit card company ( Santander) and they have blocked any further attempts by TomTom to remove money from my credit card. If anyone else has had the same trouble as me with TomTom I suggest you get your credit card company to do the same.
    Best of luck to you all.