Speed camera update — TomTom Community

Speed camera update

belwynbelwyn Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hi I purchased a 3 month update in March.(special offer £1). Suddenly Tomtom have sent email invoice for £2.99 for an order, which I have not made. I have cancelled in future but finding it very difficult to communicate with Tom Tom as they appear not to recognise my email address. Any suggestions please

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,733
    Superuser
    Hi @belwyn

I think you will find that in the Terms and conditions when you bought the 3 month update it says that this will auto renew unless you have indicted otherwise.

Re contacting Customer Support try the following.

Go to the bottom of this page and Select Contact Us under the heading Support
    Tap on the Red Contact Us
    Type Help in the Red box and hit return
    Help Box appears with a number of suggestions. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the box.
    You now get a box with Chat/Email. options

The chat facility is very busy so you may have to try a few times before you get a connection.

Doug
  • maurochatmaurochat Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    buongiorno, ieri ho acquistato l'aggiornamento autovelox per tre mesi a 1€ e risulta sul mio account ma non riesco ad aggiornare il mio tom tom. sull'applicazione mi dice che ho aggiornato le mappe ma riguardo all'autovelox mi dice installa e su clicco sopra mi sulla pagina di istruzioni dicendomi di scaricare l'app già installata e non mi fa andare avanti
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,733
    Superuser
    Hi @maurochat.

Try a Soft Reset

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

It seems at the moment it is taking time for the purchases to be allocated to the account. If you look at your account you can see if the purchase has appeared there yet.

It maybe that an update has not come out yet for you so leave it until say Tuesday, keep trying, and if it is still not happening then contact Customer Support.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Doug
  • maurochatmaurochat Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited August 2020
    it appears to me as purchased but when I click instead of saying update it tells me install and when I press it sends me back to the internet page of instructions for installing updates. I would need it by today otherwise I no longer need it as I am leaving today. thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!