WHY have you taken a payment from my account UN AUTHORISED for speed camera updates ???? — TomTom Community

WHY have you taken a payment from my account UN AUTHORISED for speed camera updates ????

Geordieboy1Geordieboy1 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
WHY have you taken a UN AUTHORISED payment from my account for speed camera updates ???? I have not asked for this SO WHY !!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Disappointed2Disappointed2 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same happened to me. TomTom have just lost all credibility for the sake of £2.99!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,733
    Superuser
    Hi

Contact Customer Support. Try this:-

Go to the bottom of this page and Select Contact Us under the heading Support
    Tap on the Red Contact Us
    Type Help in the Red box and hit return
    Help Box appears with a number of suggestions. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the box.
    You now get a box with Chat/Email. options

The chat facility is very busy so you may have to try a few times before you get a connection.

Doug
  • MaryKeltekMaryKeltek Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I am having the same trouble. It's happened twice. Both times I've managed to get a refund via Facebook Messenger and both times I've cancelled the unauthorised "order" which I didn't place. This morning I've received an email "Your speed camera subscription remains active". This is for my convenience. Elsewhere on this Forum I've found out how to remove my credit card details and have sent another Messenger message. Waiting for reply.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,263
    Superusers
    edited August 2020
    Hi
    Welcome to the site....
    The Tomtom subscriptions are now by default... 'Auto Renew'
    See Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1717650/#Comment_1717650

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • goc924goc924 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    edited August 2020
    Same thing happened to me. Lost credibility!
    Trying to manage it in the subscriptions area I get the following message: "server-error.startup".
    Is your home page and this service hacked?
    I know that Garmin was hacked not long ago.
    Apparently they have closed the Chat possibility as well, as proposed above.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,263
    Superusers
    Hi
    @goc924
    Just Checked 1:26 PM... Tomtom Email & Chat both 'OK'

ATB YFM
  • daviefdavief Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Having exactly the same problem made worse by the fact that TomTom doesn't want to work on Mac Book and Safari any more. Won't let me login to contact. Have emailed twice but they can't be bothered to do anything other than send automated reply. Looks like a Section 75 claim needed.
    Superuser
    Hi @davief

Try this for customer support.

Go to the bottom of this page and Select Contact Us under the heading Support
    Tap on the Red Contact Us
    Type Help in the Red box and hit return
    Help Box appears with a number of suggestions. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the box.
    You now get a box with Chat/Email. options

The chat facility is very busy so you may have to try a few times before you get a connection.

Doug
  • Geordieboy1Geordieboy1 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Thank you all for the replies, just tried to do the map update and guess what its not working, wonder if they can block from their side ??? makes you think so as you have to purchase a new device
  • krskippkrskipp Posts: 47 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I had the same - got a 6 month one off subscription in January, as I always do (normally 12 months but 6 is all they had available other than the 2.99 subscription) and in March I got an email saying that "for my convenience" they were going to take 2.99 a month unless I objected within 23 days. I'd changed my bank card anyway by then for other reasons so ignored it....and they tried multiple times to take money while I already had an active subscription with months left on it. Now it's expired and it's rejecting all attempts to get another 12 month subscription, saying my payment has failed.

I literally have the receipt from January saying it's a one off payment, and the 2nd email saying they're going to help themselves if I don't object, and multiple emails showing them trying and failing to take money for a service I already had.
    Superuser
    Hi @krskipp

There have been some issues with the auto renewal system which has been taken up with them and hopefully they have made changes that will reduce the instances you have highlighted.

I would suggest that you contact customer support and explain what has happened and that you do wish to have a subscription and you are having difficulties.

Doug
  • smarczak260smarczak260 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Same here, although I've expected this to happen

Auto renewals are common now but TomTom must make it obvious when you place the order. Maybe an additional tick box?!

You buy one month so you think it is one month you pay for, only to find out the following month that you have ongoing subscription...