App update from old to new — TomTom Community

App update from old to new

walkerxwalkerx Posts: 303 [Supreme Trailblazer]
rather than to Tom just forcing this app on to users whether or not they have automatic updates switched on, they should provide users of reason why to upgrade and what features will be missing from the new version and what has been broken awaiting fixes.
Only then shoukd the app be updated if the user consents to these short Fallings of the new app.

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,183 [Revered Voyager]
    walkerx wrote: »
    rather than to Tom just forcing this app on to users whether or not they have automatic updates switched on,
    This claim is untrue, TomTom has no ability to force an app to update. One is only the result of an automatic update setting or by manual selection.

• walkerxwalkerx Posts: 303 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    tgold wrote: »
    walkerx wrote: »
    rather than to Tom just forcing this app on to users whether or not they have automatic updates switched on,
    This claim is untrue, TomTom has no ability to force an app to update. One is only the result of an automatic update setting or by manual selection.

This is a forced update as even if u update the app in standard or automatic you are pushed onto this version without any mention of it. Even description and images on the app store relates to the old version, not this that has been installed.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,183 [Revered Voyager]
    edited August 2020
    So perhaps your complaint more accurately is that you chose or accepted an offered update but were mislead about what would be installed and you are now disappointed by the result.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 303 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    tgold wrote: »
    So perhaps your complaint more accurately is that you chose or accepted an offered update but were mislead about what would be installed and you are now disappointed by the result.

my p20 pro was not enabled for auto-updates but received this and i never choose to update it, but when started app it stated it had been updated to this version.

i uninstalled and try to get back my working version but no just got this.

so i performed some testing on my pixel 3xl and manually updated that when offered and got the new version and again would not downgrade.

the app is misleading customers by saying one thing on the play store and installing a different version