Deleted map — TomTom Community

Deleted map

HADAC30HADAC30 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited July 31 in Map installation
I was attempting to update my TOMTOM START62 sat nav on TomTom home, the update ended up removing my maps. Please help. Unfortunately it only prompts me to buy new maps, and the ones free that should be there seems erased away.

Comments

• HADAC30HADAC30 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Already solved on the web tomtom via chat. I'm sorry and thank you.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,131
    Superuser
    edited July 31
    Hi @HADAC30

Glad you have been sorted via Chat.

Doug
  • Yamahaxt500Yamahaxt500 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    HADAC30 wrote: »
    I was attempting to update my TOMTOM START62 sat nav on TomTom home, the update ended up removing my maps. Please help. Unfortunately it only prompts me to buy new maps, and the ones free that should be there seems erased away.

This has just happened me with my first update, It erased all my maps and now says no maps, i've tried everything, TOMTOM is a scam and i'm going to put this on social media as much as i can, Disgusting stealing peoples money, Free lifetime update ? Yeah RIGHT
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,131
    Superuser
    edited August 9
    Hi @Yamahaxt500

During an update the existing map is deleted to make way for the new one and usually the loss of all the maps is the results of an interruption of the update process. .

It seems that you are more interested in posting your issue all over the place on this customer based forum where customers help one another to resolve issues rather than saying what model your device is and asking what can be done to resolve your issue. Interesting you did not post @HADAC30 saying he is problem had been resolved.

So for a start what model Tomtom do you have.

Doug
  • naviseadenaviseade Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello.I was attempting to update my TOMTOM START52 sat nav on TomTom home, the update ended up removing my maps. Please help. Unfortunately it only prompts me to buy new maps, and the ones free that should be there seems erased away.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,452
    Superusers
    edited August 15
    Hi
    @naviseade
    Welcome to the site....
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will probably pick this up on Monday and check your deleted Map Version and reallocate the Map for downloading ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    Hi @naviseade

Welcome to the community!
    Please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram