Now paying annually and monthly for speed camera updates -who do I contact ? — TomTom Community

Now paying annually and monthly for speed camera updates -who do I contact ?

jenniebjennieb Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
On July 15th I renewed the annual speed camera update and received order confirmation and my credit card charged the annual fee which was paid in full.
I have now been charged the monthly fee for this product and been sent an email telling me to connect my device to be able to use the service .
How do I stop this monthly payment and get a refund ?
Despite there being a link if theres a problem with the order it goes round in circles just useless.

Best Answer

Answers

• ex_tomtom_userex_tomtom_user Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Just as LAURE123 has already said:

1. Cancel your ongoing subscription

2. Contact the support, preferably by chat, and ask for a refund. It will take a while from explaining the situation to finally receiving a confirmational email (30 minutes in my case) so be prepared.

3. If you want to be sure you won't get charged again, delete your bank card details. According to the person from support it goes more or less like this: "to do that, select any product and add it to your basket, on payment page, you shall find a tickbox to save payment details while payment, you can deselect the box to unsave your details". It worked for me.

I'm still not 100% sure if I won't get charged again "by accident". If so, I will contact my bank and block all payments from TomTom.
    In case I don't get the requested refund I might ask my bank to undo the transaction made.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi @ex_tomtom_user and @jennieb

Maybe something like this, I'm not sure that the ticked box is still there.

This is what I did to remove the bank details from my credit card for my last purchase in September 2019. To check and monitor.

Regards.
  • jenniebjennieb Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    many thanks for advice given -I will do as suggested and hopefully will get this sorted