TomTom forced update without consent as well as subscriptions can't be renewed a month in advance — TomTom Community

TomTom forced update without consent as well as subscriptions can't be renewed a month in advance

walkerxwalkerx Posts: 324 [Supreme Navigator]
So just before I go away, the app has automatically updated to the latest version even though I have auto-updates turned off, so how have TomTom forced this update onto my device without going through the normal play store?

Also if there are so many issues with it, why are TomTom forcing it onto users who aren't expecting the update?

The play store still shows the original version that I had installed on my device.

Now when I check my subscription it now says I can't renew until the last week of my current subscription at the end of next month, why can't I renew now, why must I wait for the last week of my subscription to do it? Users should be allowed to renew at anytime and not just the last week

Answers

• walkerxwalkerx Posts: 324 [Supreme Navigator]
    So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and same new version installed :(

Also can no longer send routes from MyDrive to the app - Why disable this feature, especially as synced to MyDrive
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,190 [Revered Voyager]
    walkerx wrote: »
    So just before I go away, the app has automatically updated to the latest version even though I have auto-updates turned off, so how have TomTom forced this update onto my device without going through the normal play store?
    You suspect superior powers that TomTom does not possess. I am nagged both within the GO Mobile app and by Google Play Store to update from GO Mobile to GO Navigation but I will continue to decline unless and until TomTom stops issuing new maps to the older app.

There are ways to revert from Navigation to Mobile but to do that you will need to install the older app from a different app store from Google's.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 324 [Supreme Navigator]
    @tgold I was constantly nagged and refused due to the issues most users are experiencing and the fact mydrive can no longer be synced with the device to plan routes.

Usually I use MyDrive on my mobile and find where I'm going to as it gives 3 different routes and I pick which one to use then send it to my navigation app on my other mobile.

It seems that even though you can sync mydrive on the new app, you can't actually send routes via it.

I also will not install any app from outside of the play store on my devices.

TomTom should allow users to revert back to the previous version of the software, but as usual they deploy beta software out without listening to their customers