How To Delete My TomTom Account — TomTom Community

How To Delete My TomTom Account

MaEnaMaEna Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I am a frustrated user who googled "how to delete my TomTom account" and was taken to: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900040-Delete-my-TomTom-account
When I click on the "form" link included in this article, I am redirected to https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb?vanillaSSO=signin which then (after two seconds) redirects me to this discussion forum home page. Next I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer to my question under any of the topics.
Since all my search results came up for "gb" and I want "us", I tried searching google for a U.S. customer support site but all the search results redirect me back to this discussion forum since I'm searching in English.
In my profile, I am listed as being in the United Kingdom which isn't correct. I tried changing to United States, but U.S. wasn't even listed as a choice in the "change country" drop-down.
I tried a TomTom U.S. toll free number that appeared when I googled TomTom phone support, but this number has a recorded message that TomTom support is now only available by chat or email.
Can anyone help with what I thought would be a simple request?

Best Answer

Answers

• MaEnaMaEna Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thank you for responding. I tried these links with "us" but I keep getting redirected to this discussion forum no matter which one (us or gb) I click. Could it be something with cookies? I don't want to delete cookies unless I absolutely have to.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @MaEna

At the moment there are quite a few problems with web links, it is quite painful...

For pages that automatically redirect to the home page:
    When you click on the link you want it is displayed for 1 or max. 2 seconds. Before redirection use the escape key "Esc" on your keyboard, generally at the top left of the keyboard. This set the page and block the automatic jump.
    If the page jump, do one or more "previous page" with the keyboard or the mouse and as soon as you have the desired page press the "Esc" key.

I think if your customer account is registered in UK it is best to use the UK link to have your request handled by the appropriate TomTom team.
    On all the pages of the TomTom web site you have a flag at the bottom right to change country.
    Log in to your customer account here to verify the country of attachment, the "Country" line, and use the appropriate link.
    It is a fixed line that you cannot modify on your own.
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/account/details.html#billing

Regards.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 11,031
    Superuser
  • bergwolf2bergwolf2 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I do not have tom tom devices in use. I need to remov the tom tom account.
    When I try You give me the run around. How to delete the account answeres with options after the click i get tips how to load more. the next is again the Hoe to delete page..
    Please jet me go
    Wolf
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,887
    Superuser
    Hi @bergwolf2

Contact Customer support and they will sort it. You can try email but Chat is likely to be a better option as they can do it whilst you are on.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug