How to recover my Go 520 WiFi? — TomTom Community

How to recover my Go 520 WiFi?

I have a Go 520 which always stay in recover mode.
It can connect to TomTom via MyDrive and say " restoring your device" something like that, but the unit still can't run properly after the restoring, the unit in the logo state when turn it on.

have tried my times, but It always in the loop : (1) ->(2) -> (3)

anyone can help to fix the problem?

thanks

tas9gkzjed8v.jpg
uywufw0gihmt.jpg
6czpe8883qns.jpg
53a867eor6gq.jpg

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,062
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Winston818
    Welcome to the site....
    It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device.....
    When in Recovery Mode... The device MUST be capable showing as CONNECTED over a USB Cable for the Recovery process to complete....

Tomtom FAQ....
    Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (7) & (8)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,062
    Superusers
    Hi again....
    @Winston818
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect the necessary CPR to bring it back to life...

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

NEVER... Have your Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... The first Install of MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown in the link below)
    It can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Note... You cannot delete a file from within a Program, when the Program is already running...
    You MUST quit MyDrive Connect EVERY time you want to delete the Home3 and MyDriveConnect folders...

Method…
    If MyDrive Connect auto 'Starts when your Computer starts' (Default)...
    (1)... Disconnect the Tomtom device from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button (Do not reconnect your device to your PC)
    (1.1)...
    Then 'Right Click 'on the MyDrive Connect Icon on the PC Taskbar and Click 'Quit' MyDrive Connect....

9gc4io81mxon.jpg
    OR

You could use 'Task Manager' to Quit MyDrive Connect
    Method....
    On the keyboard press Alt + Ctrl + Delete
    Select 'Task Manager'

8pffa48h9lao.jpg
    (1)... Right Click on Tomtom MyDrive Connect --> Select 'End Task'
    (2)... To open the ‘Run Box’ on the PC
    Press the 'Windows button' + 'R' Key
    (3)... The Run Box opens... Type into the ‘run’ box.... %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are the most likely to be corrupted
    (7)… Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect...

A small Menu Window opens with 3 menu options....
    hskjc7anfu9d.jpg
    Important....
    Option (2) Needs to selected for MyDrive Connect to work correctly....

The 1st & 3rd options are optional (I always deselect both options and set up a Desktop Short-cut to Start MyDrive Connect, I don't want MDC running all the time on my PC)

(10)... Click OK
    (11)... Login to MyDrive Connect as if was a fresh install...
    Hopefully all should now be well

Note... You may want to create a Desktop Short-cut to the access the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders
    If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    The full short-cut path Is here...
    C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here" \AppData\Local\TomTom

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Winston818Winston818 Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    Hi there,
    i have follow all steps from this instruction: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

i have deleted HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders, i even uninstall MyDriverConnect APP from my PC and deleted the HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders, then followed the restoring steps, but the problem still there.

The unit NEVER shows a screen with a spinning cogwheel or wheel. it always shows the CROSS as picture B and Dsrur8058x4s5.gif
    95fo6pb7dmv0.png

• Winston818Winston818 Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]