Repeated difficulties installing map updates. — TomTom Community

Repeated difficulties installing map updates.

I finally managed to get MyDrive Connect to connect with the server on June 30th (it only took six hours of trying!) and according to MyDrive, everything installed.

Yesterday, July 26th, I got a notification on my Start 20 that my maps were over six months out of date. How that happened, I couldn't say. I'm currently trying to reconnect, but I noticed something interesting while I was waiting.

The map content is present in the folder "C:\Users\(me)\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3\cache," most likely from the June 30th update attempt. Now here's the question:

Is it possible to install the map update from the downloaded content in that folder rather than waiting another six hours for TomTom's servers? If so, what steps do I need to follow?

Thanks!

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    edited July 28
    Hi
    @That_Guy
    Welcome to the site....
    With MyDrive Connect running... Tap the Cogwheel Icon screen top right to access the Setting Menus.--> Downloads....
    Set your Download time slot --> Save settings....

8uiextg7feta.jpg
    Don't forget you will need your PC running during the selected download period....

End

If I have a problem with MyDrive Connect...
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect CPR to bring it back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    That doesn't work. It downloads the content to that folder, which I already indicated is present. That was already downloaded. The content is already there and does not need to be downloaded again, because it's in the folder waiting to be installed.

Again, the question is how do I install the map content FROM THAT FOLDER WITHOUT RECONNECTING TO TOMTOM'S OVERLOADED SERVERS?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    edited July 28
    Hi
    @That_Guy
    That_Guy wrote: »
    That doesn't work. It downloads the content to that folder, which I already indicated is present. That was already downloaded. The content is already there and does not need to be downloaded again, because it's in the folder waiting to be installed.

Again, the question is how do I install the map content FROM THAT FOLDER WITHOUT RECONNECTING TO TOMTOM'S OVERLOADED SERVERS?
    I think you will find the servers aren't overloaded... The 'Overloaded' error can be fixed by deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect program....
    Many users have already used the fix and successfully installed the latest Map updates etc....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

The latest maps are v1050 or v1051
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1123561/new-maps-v10-50-and-v10-51-available-for-download/p/1

The MDC Cache is deleted Manually, the cache does not Auto delete... At 9 + GB for the Full Europe Map... Each download soon mounts up

Have you checked the size of the files in the cache, its probably huge
    If the previous Map update is still in the Cache... It won't download it again and if the device thinks that it is up to date it won't download it again....

See Vikram's post (Tomtom Moderator) Some causes of problem downloads
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found/p1

To clear the cache
    With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the Downloads Tab
    Empty download folder
    Save settings
    Also, if you don't clear the MyDrive Cache and the download was corrupt ??? You will only re-install any corrupt Map from the Cache again, instead of a Freshly Downloaded Map....

ATB YFM