New android app, Moto G8 how do I close the app? — TomTom Community

New android app, Moto G8 how do I close the app?

TheHoodTheHood Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
With the old version if I tapped on the top left corner of the screen twice an arrow appeared and then the app closed. There is no arrow on the new version, how do I escape/close it down? Motorola G8

Best Answer

• TheHoodTheHood Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    On a Moto G8 running android 10 there is no back arrow, the display is full screen. The previous version of TomTom produced an arrow if you tapped on the top left corner of the map, the top left corner is now covered by the huge blue box. Tapping on the map in the new version zooms in.
    I have just found by accident that if you swipe right from the very left edge of the map displayed, the option to close or cancel disappears. I hope this may be of help to others.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,086 Moderator
    Hi @TheHood

If I tap the back button on my phone twice, the exit prompt appears to close the app.

Best, lampard
  • TheHoodTheHood Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    On a Moto G8 running android 10 there is no back arrow, the display is full screen. The previous version of TomTom produced an arrow if you tapped on the top left corner of the map, the top left corner is now covered by the huge blue box. Tapping on the map in the new version zooms in.
    I have just found by accident that if you swipe right from the very left edge of the map displayed, the option to close or cancel disappears. I hope this may be of help to others.