Voice directions not complete — TomTom Community

Voice directions not complete

I bought a GO6200 a few months ago, and ever since I have had it, it does not complete the directions spoken by Serena or any of the other voices. She will say things like: "At the next junction, head towards......." and she will not finish the directions by actually telling me where to head towards, which is very confusing when in a srange area. What she should say is "At the next junction, head towards London" or wherever the direction is.

I am pulling my hair out with TT support - I have been in email contact with several operators for weeks now, but they just don't seem to understand the problem - continually telling me to do a soft or hard reset, or following the guidelines in links such as: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross, none of which are relevant to my problem or have helped when I've done them. I may be wrong, but to me this seems to be a software fault which needs a patch or a software update of the speech module. Does anyone have any idea how I can rectify this fault?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,914
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @sfxproductions

All you do is connect it to the PC when it tells you with My Drive Connect open on the PC and it should work. You will not see the usual MDC screen if you did not have a Wifi unit. but it is using the connection in the background.

Similarly you can update your GO6200 using My Drive Connect except when you see the splash screen saying use Wifi you just manage the updates using the menus on the GO6200.; As an example if you had a specific health problem that meant you should not have Wifi at home you have your PC's et. on wired connections for the internet. In that case you would connect your GO6200 to the PC with MDC running and although you see the smash screen it will update through the computer as it is its access to the internet.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @sfxproductions

If you want to reload the operating software to see if that resolves it then you can try the following:-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • NeddoneNeddone Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks @DougLap - I'll give it a try.
  • NeddoneNeddone Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    edited July 2020
    Hi @DougLap.

I've tried your suggestion, but it tells me to log into MyDrive Connect to recover the device. The Go6200 is WiFi only though - it won't allow me to connect via the MyDrive Connect site. So, I've just done a full reset of the system instead (via the reset button on the unit, and then re-downloading my places and settings from my account on MyDrive). I'll see if that's solved the voice direction problem on a drive tomorrow and post my result...
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @sfxproductions

All you do is connect it to the PC when it tells you with My Drive Connect open on the PC and it should work. You will not see the usual MDC screen if you did not have a Wifi unit. but it is using the connection in the background.

Similarly you can update your GO6200 using My Drive Connect except when you see the splash screen saying use Wifi you just manage the updates using the menus on the GO6200.; As an example if you had a specific health problem that meant you should not have Wifi at home you have your PC's et. on wired connections for the internet. In that case you would connect your GO6200 to the PC with MDC running and although you see the smash screen it will update through the computer as it is its access to the internet.

Doug