Speed cameras have totally disappeared after the last update — TomTom Community

Speed cameras have totally disappeared after the last update

KevBrookKevBrook Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
edited November 19 in Speed Cameras
Speed cameras have totally disappeared after the last update. I can sometimes get them back on after logging out of my drive logging back into my drive and turning on and off my sat nav. I have a lifetime subscription to camera updates. Please help as this has been happening for weeks☹️

Answers

• DdasweetDdasweet Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have the exact same issue any updates to the device to implement correctly appears to require a system reset and then log back on. This was not the case around a month ago. Painful.
  • LittleTykeLittleTyke Posts: 59 [Legendary Explorer]
    My speed camera alerts stopped working the day after a system update on 10/Nov/20. But my speed camera subscription doesn't expire until 13/Apr/2021. I'm waiting for a fix from TT Support. Earlier they asked me to do a factory reset, which I did. But a test drive just now showed that the alerts are still not working when I passed a fixed camera.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,993
    Superusers
    Hi
    @LittleTyke
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) -->
    Are any of the Sound Icons slashed through ???

dy49cl5hc6cc.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • LittleTykeLittleTyke Posts: 59 [Legendary Explorer]
    YamFazMan: No sound icons are slashed through.

I think I have discovered what the problem is, but cannot explain why it happens:

Today I went shopping and passed three fixed speed cameras. The Speed Camera alert warning sound was NOT triggered before any of the speed cameras.
    When I checked in Settings\System\About then looked under Subscriptions, both 'Traffic' and 'Speed Camera Updates' were greyed out with a line or cross over the icons.

However, when I returned home and was in reception range of my home WiFi, both entries had changed to 'Activated'. When I tap the arrow in front of the Speed Camera Updates it says: "Your device automatically receives location updates for fixed and mobile cameras in real time. Your subscription expires on 12/04/2021' (that means 12 Apr 21 in GB).

So for some reason, as soon as I am outside reception range of my home WiFi, the Activation status is lost both for Traffic and for Speed Camera Updates. Tomorrow I'll drive out again and take a screenshot in daylight.

NB: This all happened after the recent system update last week.