New version 2.3 of GO Navigation App (iOS) — TomTom Community

New version 2.3 of GO Navigation App (iOS)

Hi there,

We started a rollout of new app version 2.3 on Saturday, it will be available to all the users within a week.

What's new in this version:
- Speed camera and traffic warnings on CarPlay
- More accurate route planning with Online Routing
- Quickly toggle between full audio, alerts only, and muted
- Easily switch audio outputs
- Adjust the volume on CarPlay

Regards, lampard

Comments

• Roller2Roller2 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    edited July 27
    Hi,
    Any info on the high CPU usage/battery consumption/iphone getting hot issue? I have been testing v2.3 with mixed results as you can see from the post thread on this.
    Both in here and in the comments in the Apple Store it has been indicated TomTom is looking into the issue but in v2.3 release notes it hasn't been mentioned..

Is it still under investigation for future version?

Thanks!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,748 Moderator
    Hi @Roller2

The investigation is still ongoing about the battery consumption and I'll update the thread here once I know more.

Thank you, lampard
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 110 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Pleasantly surprised that in the recent update which shows the distance to next type of speed camera on CarPlay if you run into some slow traffic/delay on route it now shows the delay time as well. Not sure if this works if you haven’t planned a route but I might try that tomorrow. Is this the first step to get closer to the route information on CarPlay screen. Small steps but a start.
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 64 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Palferman wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised that in the recent update which shows the distance to next type of speed camera on CarPlay if you run into some slow traffic/delay on route it now shows the delay time as well. Not sure if this works if you haven’t planned a route but I might try that tomorrow. Is this the first step to get closer to the route information on CarPlay screen. Small steps but a start.

Wow, that's nice! I haven't seen it yet. But I haven't seen yet any delay or speed camera either during my daily route home/work v.v......
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 55 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Was really really hoping My Routes would appear in the next release but no......Sadly still handicapped by not being able to use the excellent MyDrive app with Go.
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 64 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    On my way back home this evening I took a route where I knew there are several speedcamera’s. As I mentioned before it is really nice how it works with CarPlay. Not only the distance to the speed camera, but also the distance to road work is shown.

Really great job!
  • ThroySThroyS Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    The latest update for CarPlay is a great step forward the app itself is more stable on iPhone but still no where as good as the old TomTom app still many features missing. But as long as your developers are working on it I will be still using it.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 367 [Supreme Pioneer]
    ThroyS wrote: »
    ... but still no where as good as the old TomTom app still many features missing. But as long as your developers are working on it I will be still using it.
    TomTom iOS GO Mobile (v1.0.2), the replacement for the old TomTom app was released 11 Feburary 2016 i.e four and a half years ago and the current incarnation, TomTom GO Navigation iOS, still hasn't got all the features of the old navigation app! :'(
  • Teejaybee55Teejaybee55 Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

We started a rollout of new app version 2.3 on Saturday, it will be available to all the users within a week.

What's new in this version:
    - Speed camera and traffic warnings on CarPlay
    - More accurate route planning with Online Routing
    - Quickly toggle between full audio, alerts only, and muted
    - Easily switch audio outputs
    - Adjust the volume on CarPlay

Regards, lampard

I am finding many displayed limits on the app are inaccurate often at odds with the actual limits posted on road signs. How can they be made more accurate please as it’s very frustrating?
  • GummibandoGummibando Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi @lampard ,

I have no idea if this is the correct/officially sanctioned way to report bugs/issues.
    As TomTom's website is unbelievably convoluted (it literally redirected half a dozen times to get to this support forum) and apparently nobody can be bothered to reply to questions on Twitter or Facebook (or to any bug report while I was in the CarPlay TestFlight beta, for that matter), I can only give it a shot.

Btw., if there in fact is an officially sanctioned way to report bugs, please advise.

But, enough with the rant.
    I'm a TomTom GO user since the beginning and can't wait to see the CarPlay dashboard integration released.

Anyway, some bugs/issues as follows, all related to CarPlay, (still) existing in the latest release.

1. On every app "cold start", there is a big fat message telling me to renew my subscription to use CarPlay. Thing is, I do have an active subscription. I first suspected this might be an edge case as I had a grandfathered subscription from the old pay-for-the-app TomTom GO version, but this remains after I migrated to the current subscription model.
    The screenshot below shows the message in German, but you get the idea.

uwxym1ryc1ku.png

2. The "delete" glyph in the delete button next to the search bar is missing. If you select the button, the (blue) button background appears, but the glyph is still missing.
    Please see screenshots below.

1hv09h9m0q82.png
    cl8oekn7nao5.png

3. The text labels for the "Drive Home" and "Drive to Work" buttons are trucated in the German locale. This is – while also aesthetically unpleasing – not ideal UX-wise as only part of the information can be seen.
    Also, the original strings "Zum Heimatort fahren" (Drive Home) and "Zum Arbeitsort fahren" (Drive to Work) are exactly the type of translation something like Google Translate would produce, but not real spoken German (really, no German would say this).
    So, these strings should be changed to something shorter/not truncated and much less convoluted like Nach Hause (Drive Home) und Zur Arbeit (Drive to Work).
    Please see screenshot below.

hennlu7idjbp.png

Additionally, one general iOS issue.

4. There is a weird flickering on the launch screen when starting the app on the iPhone.

Again, if there is an officially sanctioned way to report bugs, please let me know.

Stay elastic.
    Cheers, Gummibando
  • erickmisererickmiser Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Hello guy's I just seen some technical update is available here. So that's why i just share my path by which everyone will get the current tech news more faster. Just connect with Read Us 24x7.