cannot use this map on this device — TomTom Community

cannot use this map on this device

RW88RW88 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
My neighbours asked me to take a look at their TomTom XL2, because it could not get a gps fix. I installed all updates available for this device using TomTom Home, but now it says that the 'Europe_South_West-100933' maps cannot be used with this device. In TomTom Home it seems not to be possible to reinstall the map. What can I do to solve this?

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,745
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @RW88

Have a look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK has managed to reset the map for you. Is the Unit associated with this account or has it got its own account. If the latter then VikramK will need to know which account it is linked to.

Do not put your email address or the units serial number on here. We can if need be get you to message Vikram the serial number so he can pick it up.

Doug
  • RW88RW88 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for replying this quickly. I made an account to be able to post a message here, so I think it is not linked to the TomTom Home account. I'd be happy to share the email address and serial number if that would help solve the problem.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,745
    Superuser
    HI @RW88

Don't post thei information here @VikramK will ask for it if he needs it and it will be by message to him. If he asks for it all you need to do I click on him and you will see a message link.

Doug
    Thank you for reactivating the maps, but unfortunately the installation did not succeed. The download was approximately 3 GB, but the device only has about 1.8 GB of memory. Still TomTom Home said it would fit, so I gave it a try (maybe it install only a part of it?). After quite some time TomTom Home said that I cancelled the installation. But I did not do anything at all... The maps are not available anymore, so I cannot try again. Any advice?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi @RW88

What do you see when you open TomTom HOME and go the section - 'Items on device'?

Regards
    Vikram
    ozcy8it0lmu0.png

Hi Vikram,

I made a screenshot of the items on the device. Is this the information you need?

Best regards,

Roland
    Hi Vikram,

It works! I used a different computer this time and the installation of the maps went flawless and the GPS fix also works. This is so much better than having to tell my neighbours that trying to fix the GPS actually disabled the maps :) Thank you very much for helping!

Best regards,

Roland