How to reduce huge blue box — TomTom Community

How to reduce huge blue box

Updated app from 'Go' to 'Navigation' and hate solid blue box giving next direction that now covers much of the screen and map. The 'Go' version so much neater and unobtrusive.
Like the addition of POI categories, but still missing is such the obvious one - SUPERMARKETS. All you get is 'shopping centre', which often have no groceries.
Also miss in this "upgrade" the easy touch screen volume control.

Best Answer

Answers

• PaulSCampbellPaulSCampbell Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Awful update! (App version 2.2.2 release 20.1 (3357)
    1 Enormous blue box keeps obscuring vital parts of screen - took wrong turning twice on one trip when I could not see the roundabout exits. Can I turn it off/reduce size?

2 On-screen control allows one to mute and unmute but no actual volume controls revealed.. Surely I am not expected to fiddle around for the physical volume controls on my samsung phone - hard to get at even when stationary, due to the cradle?

I have strongly recommended TomTom to my kids and others on the basis of TomTom being a company dedicated to navigation for drivers - not jack of all trades like Google Maps and other freebies. Why would I recommend TomTom now? This upgrade is seriously retrograde and If that box keeps making me lose my way the subscription cannot be renewed..... a solution needed urgently, please. i loved tomTom. Not any more.
  • TheHoodTheHood Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Do you mean we have to alter the volume of the phone to alter the app volume? Not or convenient on a Moto G8 and why should we have to alter everything else just for a sat nav app?
  • LosingmywayLosingmyway Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited July 2020
    Paul Campbell is completely correct. I also miss the one-step volume control slider. For the sake of traffic safety it should be obvious that you don't want to mess with the side buttons of a phone while driving. Change or add the slider to the volume options that you now have (muted, not muted, only warnings). For me this is even more relevant than the big blue box. Fix it please TomTom! Thanks.
  • davec321ttdavec321tt Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Updated app yesterday on a Galaxy S8. Same issue with the ''huge' blue box! Please sort this out asap as it really is an annoyance and blocking important info. It needs to be smaller, maybe also coloured appropriately for the type of road being taken too? Perhaps it could be transparent like the side bar? Anyway, I'm sure you'll make it right...but please do it quickly ;)
  • miki_MBmiki_MB Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited July 2020
    They should make it look the same as iOS version, and call it a day! It's quite annoying, obstructing screen and brings absolutely no value. Old version was much better in that respect.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 292 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Why o Why has TT decided that if you touch the time at or gps icon at the top of the app you want to actually share this, especially as when you touch it you then have to select how you want to share it, use the appropriate app, add the recipient and send it.
  • MidzarkMidzark Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited November 2020
    So its now November, has this been fixed? I've moved over from iphone X to samsung S10 plus and the tom tom go is poo as this blue box just gets in the way!! Why can't I turn that feature off
  • MidzarkMidzark Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited November 2020
    So I've moved over from Iphone X to Samsung S10 Plus and the Tom Tom Go was Great on IOS, so why has the Android version got the stupid blue box direction thing?!?! Please someone save my from going mad and tell me there's a way to switch that off....
    Thank you
  • TheHoodTheHood Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I used to swear by the TomTom app, now I swear at it. The maps and speed limits used to be almost perfect. Now the M4 average speed zone near Reading shows as 70mph and it has been 50 for at least four years. The Basingstoke ring road is 60mph and I get "bonged" if I go over forty, the icing on the cake is being "bonged" doing 43 in a seed limit displayed as sixty on the screen. Come on it used to work, time to reverse the damage done. All you are doing is chasing loyal customers away
  • timsinctimsinc Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    No, Midzark, the big solid blue box still covering the map as of Nov 10th - despite there being a couple of updates.