More accurate route planning with online routing what does this mean or do? — TomTom Community

More accurate route planning with online routing what does this mean or do?

CFreireCFreire Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
More accurate route planning with online routing what does this mean or do or how does this work?
Can anyone explain this?

This is found in the Latest iOS TomTom GO update 2,3.

Best Answers

Answers

• babyboxbabybox Posts: 53 [Legendary Explorer]
    I also would like to know what this new feature is
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 378 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Thank you @CFreire for asking this question as I would really like to know how to do online routing.

Also, @RicoK has a point, surely the routing was already accurate?

Regards,
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,007
    Superuser
    Hi @loekf

That’s assuming Apple allow them to do it. I am not convinced the Syncing routes is not happened because Tomtom don’t want to do it. They did it on the previous Android version.

Doug
  • babyboxbabybox Posts: 53 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited July 2020
    loekf wrote: »
    Appearently online routing just means that TomTom cloud services are used to calculate the route instead of using of calculating it on the iPhone itself.

So what’s the advantage of this?

Is it faster?

Is it more frequent?

Is the online route more efficiënt?

Is the online route more accurate?
  • CFreireCFreire Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    this is the answer from Twitter Tom TOM wherever I asked my question .... now I don't understand anything anymore hahahah

Dank je wel voor je bericht. De online routebetaling is het bepalen van de huidige verkeerssituatie. Als er bijvoorbeeld een file ontstaat, dan kan je worden omgeleid. ^Adam

Translated with ~Google

Thanks for your message. The online route is the determination of the current traffic situation. For example, if a traffic jam arises, you can be diverted. ^ Adam

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,213
    Community Manager
    In order to limit data traffic the app only downloads route incidents in a circle of 150 kilometres. Online routing considers all incidents on your route.