Lost all maps on my device VIA 135 — TomTom Community

Lost all maps on my device VIA 135

clivenickclivenick Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
edited July 25 in Map installation
I have tried for days now to try and reinstall my maps. My device keeps saying updating do not disconnect. When finished No maps found After all that.

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @clivenick
    Tomtom FAQ & Video... No Maps Found
    See https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-No-maps-available-MyDrive-Connect-

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • clivenickclivenick Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    YamFazMan wrote: »

Thank you, still no luck, I have gone round in circles and tried around 10 times now. TomTom says updating, Do not disconnect device then you can disconnect device. Restart device and says,Do not disconnect device again. TomTom My drive says no internet connection device still updating. Device says Done! Your navigation device can be disconnected. then I press OK, then device says No maps found
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers

Hi
    @clivenick
    If I have a problem with MyDrive Connect... Instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect CPR to bring it back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1715777/#Comment_1715777

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    It will get to 6% on My drive then say no internet connection, on device it carries on saying updating.. Then Done your navigation device can be disconnected. I press OK. Then No maps found. I unplug USB and plug back in and click on reinstall on device, device says updating do not disconnect your device. My drive says device not connected then device says Done again, I try repair and device says updating do not disconnect your device. Mt drive says connect device, blah blah blah blah. Round and round in circles, throw it in the bin that's my answer. Surely there is another way.
    clivenick wrote: »
    It will get to 6% on My drive then say no internet connection, on device it carries on saying updating.. Then Done your navigation device can be disconnected. I press OK. Then No maps found. I unplug USB and plug back in and click on reinstall on device, device says updating do not disconnect your device. My drive says device not connected then device says Done again, I try repair and device says updating do not disconnect your device. Mt drive says connect device, blah blah blah blah. Round and round in circles, throw it in the bin that's my answer. Surely there is another way.

Hi

Still no good. It's as if my device does not want to load anything at all. I will tel you that I am computer literate so I do know what these things can do (as in computers) it does not make sense other than the device my VIA 135 does not want the maps. The device now says no maps found. Surly there has to be an easy way to reinstall these maps as its only a miniature computer.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    Hi @clivenick

Let’s see if @VikramK can restore the maps to your account so you can reinstall them.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @clivenick

Let’s see if @VikramK can restore the maps to your account so you can reinstall them.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug

OK! how will I know. It is so frustration when someone does everything the way it's stipulated and still goes round in circles. Grrrrrrrr
    Thanks all. Fingers crossed that this issue can be fixed as soon as possible
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @clivenick
    The issue is related to the reasons I explained under Case 3.1 here

Just do a soft reset and check for updates......

It's important that you use a stable and fast wired internet connection.

Thanks, Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @clivenick
    The issue is related to the reasons I explained under Case 3.1 here

Just do a soft reset and check for updates......

It's important that you use a stable and fast wired internet connection.

Thanks, Vikram

I have done all of that over and over again on my PC it comes up please connect your device after it’s supposingly updating after 6% then device says Something has gone wrong. I have deleted the software, reinstalled it. Deleted the maps. Blah blah blah. It getting to be be a pain, I can reset a PC no problem but this satnav is nothing more than near impossible to instal a map that was previously on there. Thanks
    Superuser
    Hi @clivenick

Try the following with the My Drive Connect software on your PC.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not work look at the earlier post on the same postings by Laure123 where there are some other ideas.

Doug
    Thank you, I have done it all to no avail I need an answer from the company to be honest. Every possible answer that people have gave are either the same or slightly different. The answers people are giving are great. I just wished they would work thanks anyway
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @clivenick

If it's an issue that is caused to due to a network or security software(Anti-virus/firewall) then there is not much we can do to push the downloads. Eventually, they will be blocked and the installation will get stuck or fail.

The advice would be to try to use a different computer or network that does not block the connection. At this point, I see too many pending downloads that are stuck in the queue.

Do you have the option- Download updates on my computer ticked? in MyDrive Connect settings. If yes, un-tick that option before you start the update process again.

1bkft8bgnxeb.png

Thanks, Vikram
    Still the same of just going around in circles. Give me a PC and I will reset that in an instant. TomTom is ridiculous. I cannot believe someone has to go through this much hassle just to update or install a map. There has to be something much more simple like TomTom the company taking it back and doing a clean install.
    Superuser
    Hi @clivenick

In one of his Posts @VikramK referred you to Case 3.1 which is where there is no map on the unit but My Drive says that it is loaded. Have you been in contact with Customer support?

Doug
    Hi @clivenick

In one of his Posts @VikramK referred you to Case 3.1 which is where there is no map on the unit but My Drive says that it is loaded. Have you been in contact with Customer support?

Doug

Hi Doug

Yes I am in contact with customer support now as this is a joke when something as simple as installing a map on a TomTom is so hard. They have told me things I have already done. Give me a PC any day (was my Job) software installation, building etc etc. I have never found something so hard as this. All I seem to do is go round in circles. I have even deleted the files in the registry. I have even turned my firewall and all antivirus software off.

Dear TomTom Customer,

Thank you for your response. My name is Santy from TomTom Customer Support and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists and I sincerely apologize for that and believed me I do understand your frustration I would feel the same if I were in the same situation. So, I'm a little embarrassed we let you down. I really apologize.

However, I regret to inform you as it is a software update issue we cannot book it for a repair but trust me, this issue will get resolve. I have checked with higher level team and they have make some changes on your account please follow the below instruction to troubleshoot.

· Disconnect device from the PC.
    · Uninstall MyDrive Connect.
    · Delete the HOME3 folder: (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3)
    · Download and install MyDrive Connect again. Please refer the mentioned Link =>> Installing MyDrive Connect
    · Launch MyDrive Connect on your PC
    · Perform Soft Reset on your device and then connect it to the computer.
    · Try and update the device: No maps available (MyDrive Connect)
    Thanks

Clive
    clivenick wrote: »
    Hi @clivenick

Doug

Hi Doug

Yes I am in contact with customer support now as this is a joke when something as simple as installing a map on a TomTom is so hard. They have told me things I have already done. Give me a PC any day (was my Job) software installation, building etc etc. I have never found something so hard as this. All I seem to do is go round in circles. I have even deleted the files in the registry. I have even turned my firewall and all antivirus software off.

Dear TomTom Customer,

Thank you for your response. My name is Santy from TomTom Customer Support and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists and I sincerely apologize for that and believed me I do understand your frustration I would feel the same if I were in the same situation. So, I'm a little embarrassed we let you down. I really apologize.

However, I regret to inform you as it is a software update issue we cannot book it for a repair but trust me, this issue will get resolve. I have checked with higher level team and they have make some changes on your account please follow the below instruction to troubleshoot.

· Disconnect device from the PC.
    · Uninstall MyDrive Connect.
    · Delete the HOME3 folder: (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3)
    · Download and install MyDrive Connect again. Please refer the mentioned Link =>> Installing MyDrive Connect
    · Launch MyDrive Connect on your PC
    · Perform Soft Reset on your device and then connect it to the computer.
    · Try and update the device: No maps available (MyDrive Connect)
    Thanks

Clive

I must say thank you for your help. Finally, I have another laptop and gave it a try on it and at first al I got was a replica of what was happening on the original laptop, so i thought what the hell, give it another go and it worked. TomTom device finally took all updates and got itself back to normal

Very happy person
    Superuser
    Hi @clivenick

Glad you are sorted.

Doug