Plan route with limited speed — TomTom Community

Plan route with limited speed

dwerkmandwerkman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Before the introduction of TomTom Go mobile it was possible to plan routes with limited speed.
In TomTom Go mobile this function was not available anymore.
I hoped it would be available in the latest update (Tom Tom Go Navigation v.2.2.2).
I used it a lot since I do not want to drive at the maximum allowed speed. When driving with a caravan the maximum speed is lower.

Comments

• timsinctimsinc Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    Agree
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,090 Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Hi @dwerkman

If you go under Main Menu> Setting> Sound> Alert & sound, there should be an option 'When Speeding'. This warning is given as soon as you exceed the speed limit by more than 5 km/h or 3 mph. When you are speeding, the speed panel also turns red in the guidance view. This is the closest you can get to the speed alert in the new app.

We've Camper specific devices available that get customized routes for your vehicle’s dimensions, weight, and maximum speed. This is not available with the TomTom App but I'll mark this as a feature request

Thanks, lampard
  • dwerkmandwerkman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I prepared an answer before I saw you later added the 2nd paragraph.

The fastest route is always calculated in accordance with the maximum permitted speed. With a caravan or trailer behind the car the maximum permitted speed is not always possible or allowed. In practice my maximum speed is 90 km / h and the average speed is 80 km / h.

In this situation, the calculated route is often not the fastest. Below an example:

The calculated route in TomTom from Chabaudie (24660 France) to Vatan (36150 France) is via the A89 and A20. The distance is 312 km and the travel time is 3 hours, so an average speed of 117 Km / h. At an average speed of 80 Km / h, the travel time is 4 hours and 14 minutes.
    The route via the N21 or the D704/D705 is 49 km shorter, 12 minutes faster and more economical.

Back in 2013 using my TomTom app for Android it was possible to set a maximum speed and calculate a route for that speed. Since the upgrade to Go Mobile, this option was gone and unfortunately did not return in the recent upgrade.

Reintroduction of the feature for setting a maximum speed would be very appreciated, not only by me I think.