Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

Wim-Wandels
Wim-Wandels Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
How do I install TomTom Home on this version of Mac OS?

Comments

• Klaheki
    Klaheki Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    Would be great, to get an answer. Just installed today my new 27" IMac with Version 10.15.6
    TomTom route planner does not work?!!
  • KFWTommy
    KFWTommy Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Someone posted the same problem earlier today, but there is no answer yet. I cannot. update my maps on my MadBook Pro computer (OS is 10.15.6, Catalina) and after some "chats" with TomTom that did not resolve the issues, and then some help form Apple support on the phone, I am still unable to do install it TomTomHOME2. I learned about the 32-bit vs. 64-bit problem, but supposedly TomTomHOME2 works with Catalina now. The error messages says that the installation cannot be completed because the "requirements are not met." Someone posted the same problem earlier today but TomTom has not yet answered. The Apple tech sport person and I were unable to find a list of the "requirements" anywhere. How are Mac users who keep their OS up-to-date supposed to use our TomTom navigation devices? Why would any Mac user buy a new TomTom is unable to use it? Please let us know how to make this work. What are the "requirements" that we have to put in place to install TomTomHOME 2 and then be able to use MyDrive Connect?
  • Windlipper
    Windlipper Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    Seems the choice is get rid of your Mac or get rid of your TomTom!!
    My navigation device is ready to be replaced, after years with TomTom, Garmin here I come.
  • Sindhu108
    Sindhu108 Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    When I open MyDrive on my Mac OS Catalina I got an error message: Server's certificate does not match the URL. Do you want to ignore these errors for the host? once the application opens, my device is not connected to MyDrive
  • Sindhu108
    Sindhu108 Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    edited October 2020
    Installed TomTomHome2 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. No error message but I still cannot connect to my TomTom Go Essential.

iOS (14.1) device works via Bluetooth and hotspot.
  • RayUnderwood
    RayUnderwood Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Sandy
    Ray, we have been received a report about the application not working after an update on their MAC OS X Catalina to the latest version v10.15.7.
    Our team is working on it and will come up with a fix soon.
    We will update you once we come with a fix.

Me:
    OK Thank you for letting me know. Do think its worth putting somehting from TomTom on the User Community Group Forum advising of this?

Sandy
    Yes, that sounds helpful. I will share the feedback with thecommunity team.
  • Humphrey101
    Humphrey101 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Since updating OS to 10.15.7 Home and Connect will not load.
  • DinosaurT-rex
    DinosaurT-rex Registered Users Posts: 0
    New Seeker
    I am trying to update my two Tomtom GPS's but when I opened the old MyDrive Connect on my MacPro the MyDrive would not function until I had updated it. It then immediately spat the dummy; shut down and generated an Error Msg (which I have forwarded to Apple - Next time I might send it to the ACCC!!). I have also tried down loading the MyDrive for OS 10.6/10.9 and the same happens - Will not function till updated and then spits the dummy!!
  • TommyTil
    TommyTil Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited November 2021
    My drive connect app fails after a few seconds. I have deleted and reinstalled it but it still fails, i cannot update my TT. I use a macbook pro running OS Catalina 10.15.7.
  • flywcm
    flywcm Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited November 2021
    I have upgraded to Catalina on my MacBook Pro. I have deleted and reinstalled the My Drive Connect App. Every time I try to load the app it fails to load. Then I get a message that Apple will be notified!
    This has been going on for several days.
  • TommyTil
    TommyTil Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Does anyone know if TomTom are going to do anything to resolve this problem?
  • Kiwirider64
    Kiwirider64 Registered Users Posts: 0
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    b2siwrq1ino3.png
  • sdrb59
    sdrb59 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    This is an issue which has been ongoing since 2019!!

See https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1118138/tomtom-home-macos-x-catalina/

There have been repeated supposed fixes but none of them have worked.

The newest versions of Mac OS require apps to be 64-bit but TomTom Home is not, and it seems beyond the capabilities of TomTom to rewrite and properly test the software to get it working (other companies don't seem to have had any problems with doing this).
  • Brobby
    Brobby Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    MyDrive Connect 4.2.12.4441 is working on my Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1713).

The app is 64 bit, so the problem must be somewhere else.
    f2wnnt3flz8f.png

I would try to install all Catalina updates available (including Security Updates), uninstall the MyDrive Connect using a dedicated app (like AppZapper, for example) and install it again.