What's happened to searching by postcode??? — TomTom Community

What's happened to searching by postcode???

Goodvibes360Goodvibes360 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I've just updated my TomTom Go app on my android phone. The first time that I've tried to input a post code, it's just thrown up loads of addresses starting with the number 1! No sign whatsoever of the address linked to the post code that I've put in. This app is no good to me whatsoever if I can't search by postcode. Any ideas??

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,094
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @Goodvibes360
    Welcome to the site....
    Are you using a space in the middle of the postcode ???
    Tomtom devices normally do not need the space....
    For my test postcode, the first character after usual postcode space was 6
    On my iPhone, if I use a space, it does indeed show a long list of addresses starting with a house No6 and then the postcode...
    Without a space it shows the 'one' correct address and then the postcode...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • GrumpyGraGrumpyGra Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I have exactly the same problem as Goodvibes360

've just updated my TomTom Go app on my android phone. The first time that I've tried to input a post code, it's just thrown up loads of addresses starting with the number 1! No sign whatsoever of the address linked to the post code that I've put in. This app is no good to me whatsoever if I can't search by postcode. Any ideas??
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,094
    Superusers
    edited October 2020
    Hi
    @GrumpyGra
    From the post immediately above your post....
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    (Snip) Are you using a space in the middle of the postcode ???
    Tomtom devices normally do not need the space....
    For my test postcode, the first character after usual postcode space was 6
    On my iPhone, if I use a space, it does indeed show a long list of addresses starting with a house No6 and then the postcode...
    Without a space it shows the 'one' correct address and then the postcode... (Snip)
    Are you using a space in the middle of the postcode ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,183 [Revered Voyager]
    GrumpyGra wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem as Goodvibes360
    @Goodvibes360 and @GrumpyGra could you confirm which app version you are using and share Postcodes that fail? The ones I try are located correctly by Search in v2.3.
  • nomads_davnomads_dav Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I've just updated my iphone and had to re-connect to TomTom. I can login on the app, i've updated all the maps, but if I search for a postcode it only lists places within the town we live in. I've tried entering the postcode with no spaces but it makes no difference. I'm using version 2.3.1 and iOS 14.2. I'm getting really frustrated with this GO app. 10 years ago it always worked perfectly.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,191 Moderator
    Hi there @nomads_dav

Welcome to the Community! Do you have the correct map downloaded on the App? If the search modifier is set to "Near me", the postcode/address may not be found as it could be further than your current position (>6 miles away). Please change it to "Whole map" and see if this helps.

Also, please provide us with examples of postcodes that you can't find in the App if possible.

Regards, lampard
  • Rebel305Rebel305 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi, I am having the same trouble. with postcodes such as NN14 6GT & BA1 2AW which work on google maps and my old satnav.

I am using TomTom Go on Apple app 2.4.1 on IOS 14.3.

I have tried with and without spaces when entering the postcodes. If I type in N14 6GT it comes up with 3 addresses in my postcode area with house numbers of 146 even though I have “whole map” not “near me” selected.
  • Rebel305Rebel305 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    OK sorted now.

Just worked out that strangely the maps are split into South, Central & North England and it had only installed the South part 🙄

As a softie southerner I am obviously not allowed to venture up north 😂
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,191 Moderator
    Hi @Rebel305

Welcome to the Community & I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort the issue out. TomTom GO Navigation app has new NDS (Navigation Data Standard) maps. These maps are more dynamic in terms of smaller map segments (saving phone memory). The map download menu shows the largest 10 cities for each of the map segments to help you understand what part of the map you're downloading.

Feel free to post back here in case you've any other questions.

Regards, lampard