Runnner 3 does not connect to phone — TomTom Community

Runnner 3 does not connect to phone

Hi, when I try to connect my TomTom Runner 3 to my phone the watcht just shows the 'start the app' screen for a second, then the pincode for 1 second and then it turns back to basic menu. I already did a reset, that did n't work.
Can you downgrade the firmware? Since that seems to be the problem when I read other stories on this forum.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169
    Superusers
    There are no more firmware rollbacks and they would not fix your problem, that was just for battery drain issues. You should reset the connection from scratch. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: factory reset the watch (which you did), uninstall the app (you can probably skip this as you just installed it), remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app (only if you uninstalled the app), select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • wilverwilver Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanx, that was really helpful, it worked!