Where is my Recent Destination? (... and many other degraded features! ) — TomTom Community

Where is my Recent Destination? (... and many other degraded features! )

dezmodezmo Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
After installation (update to new TomTom Go 2.2.2 release/20.1 3357), all Recent destinations have been deleted. Without any notice without any warning.
This is a big mistake. Really big.
How the hell can I restore?

I'm soo soo angry!! The new app maybe good, but I explode with anger, can't find anything good now in your 'fancy' NDS maps blabla. What the hell is this NDS means at all in your interpretations? New Disaster Set?

Here are a quick findings as well (to show a willingness to cooperate not just get angry):

#1 I don't really understand why do you "repair" what is not broken.

#2 In the old application: I set the destination on my phone and continue on the tablet. Now it doesn't work.

#3 The large blue / white guide arrow and text covers most of the map. On tablet is okay, but too big on phone.

#4 Now I have to select every map one by one going to folder structure back and forth, instead of simply select Europe once.

#5 The route planning algorithm is different, seems worse, than before.

#6 Yes, the interface has been changed, I may get use to it, but ...
#7 ....really I do not see any improvement or benefit just degraded features and mistakes.

Have a better day!
Dezmo

Samsung Galaxy
Note 10+
Tab S5e

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,085 Moderator
    Hi @dezmo

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear about your experience. This shouldn't have happened since recent destinations should get migrated. Can you reset the app from Settings and activate MyDrive sync on app? All 'My places' should be restored back including recent destinations.

We don't currently offer the functionality to send a destination to GO Navigation from MyDrive. This feature will be available in an upcoming release in the near future. I've added my response regarding the Blue box & Map management.

Thanks, lampard
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited July 2020
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @dezmo

Can you reset the app from Settings and activate MyDrive sync on app? All 'My places' should be restored back including recent destinations.

Thanks a lot for quick answer @lampard !

I calmed down a bit.. but still confusing because your colleague have different opinion:
    360he3w6l5uv.png

So what is the true now?
    The fact that I lost my Recent destination.

Trying to remember what was happening.
    First I started to update the app on my phone (Note10+). Then - while the maps being downloading on phone - I started to update on my tablet (Tab 5Se). Honestly I did not checked the Recent destinations in this time.
    Later on during my "discovery of new features" process I discovered the bad thing. The recent destinations were empty.

What I assume, the Recent destinations were different on the devices, since I have not used my Tab recently. That can be caused confusing the synchronization process. But it is a guess only. According to your colleague I had to lose it anyway...

Now I have created some new recent destination to check the features, and now I see all of them are on both of the devices. They are synchronizing back and forth.

However, to fulfill your request assuming not so much chance, I have been reset my app on tablet and logged in again. No changes the old Recent Destinations are missing. I have just the newly created.

The My Places are okay.

I don't think now to get the old ones recovered, but at least lesson learned for others.

Please let me know if you have an idea to recover!

For the sake of historical authenticity only:
    I have been using TomTom since Pocket Pc and Symbian UIQ times so I'm not a noob... but faithful.

I still don't get your (I mean TomTom) behavior. How are you thinking about releasing an app without proper testing? How do you think if I will be happy with degraded features? How do you think if "feature will be available in an upcoming release" (without even telling me the deadline) is good enough?

Do you think I can go to your desk take your coffee (flavored with milk ,sugar) and giving back to you without these sweets? Believe me, it will be much hotter with new and better coffee taste. Oh yea, and when you will claim for sugar and milk I will let you know, soo sorry I will put it in later...
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 292 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I totally agree,why have they downgraded the app is beyond me, but its always same with tom-tom
  • MrGainMrGain Posts: 34 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,
    Dumped the new version, no pois, no gpx, as per usual from a TomTom major update a retrograde step, it's almost as if TomTom programmers only use public transport.

Managed to re-install version 1.18.1 + patches, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice!
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 264 [Exalted Navigator]
    "I'm not going to make the same mistake twice!" Until it is time for you to renew your subscription.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 634 [Revered Pioneer]
    MrGain wrote: »
    Hi,
    Dumped the new version, no pois, no gpx, as per usual from a TomTom major update a retrograde step, it's almost as if TomTom programmers only use public transport.

Managed to re-install version 1.18.1 + patches, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice!

The new V2.21 version does support driving GPX tracks.
    This new NDS version has even more functionality than the old TTC version like showing faster alternatives and navigate around known roadblocks.

I used it now for about 1500Km on my motorcycle and really like this improvement.

Sadly it still doesn't have an option to display the original Track on the screen as an underlay or thin overlay line. Also displaying community POI's on the screen like for example the Rider series is not possible (Yet????)