Deleted maps — TomTom Community

Deleted maps

I have a Go5000 which was installed in a vehicle I bought just before lockdown. Yesterday I tried to update the preinstalled maps but It deleted the original maps from the device when the download crashed! I am now left without any maps on my device. Is there anyway of recovering the maps? mydrive says I sadly have to buy new ones. Many thanks in advance for any help and advice

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,452
    Superusers
    edited July 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Topbrass
    Firstly... Any Maps that are Lifetime or have a Current subscription will be available to install from the Tomtom Cloud using MyDrive Connect

Which Map were you trying to install... Was it the Full Europe Map
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 9GB +

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators can add a small Map to your Account to get you passed the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....
    Important See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,452
    Superusers
    edited July 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Topbrass
    Firstly... Any Maps that are Lifetime or have a Current subscription will be available to install from the Tomtom Cloud using MyDrive Connect

The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators can add a small Map to your Account to get you passed the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....
    Important See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    Hi @Topbrass

I have made some changes in the backend. The maps should be offered to you in smaller map cuts.. Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect after clearing the cache.

Thanks, Vikram :)
  • TopbrassTopbrass Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for your reply which I have just seen. Firstly apologies as I have sent you a similar question before I read the above! I will follow your instructions and update you accordingly. Thanks for your help so far 👍
  • TopbrassTopbrass Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Topbrass

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Thanks for your advice and contacted Vikram as you suggested. He has set up new map downloads for me which I've just started. Keep safe and take care 👍😄