update — TomTom Community

update

hardlec23hardlec23 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
I have been trying to update my device. I've gotten the "servers are bust" placard many times.

I do get the snarky message that my map is out of date.

I bought the thing with "Free updates for life." The unit is only 2 years old.
Right now, TomTom is in breach of contract. I want the update.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,879
    Superuser
    Hi @hardlec23

Looks like you need to sort the software on your PC out. Have a look at this link to a post bt @YamFazMan and see if that sorts it.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1706017/#Comment_1706017

If it does not then type "Servers Busy" in the Search Box at the top of the Page.then hit the return Key.

You will get a list of search results with other posts on the same subject . Look through them and see some of the other suggestions and try them to see which one works

Doug
  • hardlec23hardlec23 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    How about posting a link to the legitimate site? The software I use is what is in my Tom Tom, not on my PC.
    Superuser
    Hi @hardlec23

Do you use the Tomtom Software My Drive Connect on your PC to update your Tomtom device?

Doug
  • hardlec23hardlec23 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    I open TomTom.com. Typically, I turn my computer off, plug in the tom tom and restart. MuDrive opens on startup.

I either get Servers busy or I get shunted to a page where I can pay to update.

I have also opened TomTom Mydrive, mostly it never recognizes my device (although Windows does.)

Right now, if a person asked me about my TomTom, I'd say it was a fraud. It gives me a snarky announcement to update my map, then it won't let me update.
    Superuser
    Hi @hardlec23

If you are gettingt the servers busy message when trying to update you device with My Drive Connect then you need to sort out the My Drive Connect software on your PC. Here is a link with suggestions of what to do which has resolved the issue for others who have followed it. The problem has nothing to do with the software on your Tomtom unit.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1701738/#Comment_1701738

If that posts suggestion does not work for you then look at an earlier post by Laura123 which has more ides..

If you want more ideas then type Servers Busy in the search box at the top of this page and then scroll through the list of post from others .

Doug