Changing assigned mailadress — TomTom Community

Changing assigned mailadress

i bought a used tomtom go essential 6, it works fine. First i upgraded software and cards, in summary 9,3 GB, the time for this was over 24h via WLAN. Now i tried to change the assign mail address. Factory resetting seem to be the solution ... After reset the device is software update and card update necedd

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,923
    Superuser
    Hi @Klaus_H

If you do a Factory Reset, ie Settings/System/Reset Device, you will have to set the unit up again as you would when first out of the box. When you do this the Operating Software and Map versions on the device are not changed so what ever are on it now will still be there.

If you have set up any My Places etc already then you will lose these when you change the account in the unit as they will have been stored in the account it currently is linked to.

The GO Essential is capable of being update without the need of a PC here is a Video on how to update Wifi capable units.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034265/updating-your-navigation-device-using-wi-fi/p1?new=1

If your Wifi is slow or you have non then you will need a PC with My Drive Connect on it to provide the link to the internet.

Doug