Start 25 "Not Responding" — TomTom Community

Start 25 "Not Responding"

FreyaHFreyaH Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
I plug in the device & My Drive connect (the latest version) switches from "Not Connected" to "Connecting". The device screen shows the small Computer Icon & pops up "Connecting to your computer". After a couple of minutes My Drive Connect shows "Not Responding" & the screen of the device has not changed. I have previously been able to update the device using this computer & USB cable.

Any suggestions on how I can proceed? Other than not being able to update it the SatNav seems to be working OK.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    edited July 23
    Hi @FreyaH

Welcome to the community!
    From the description you have provided it seems to me that it could be a fault with the cable or the USB connection on the computer. Have you tried a different port or a different cable?

Also, see our article here-https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013900240

Thanks, Vikram
  • FreyaHFreyaH Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I rechecked just now, different cable (which my phone can connect with) & different port. Same result.
    I'll check out the article next
    My PC is Windows 10. The Device manager was showing just "TomTom" but now is showing "unknown device" - I reinstalled the MyDrive Connect.
    I will attempt to reinstate the driver & post the results
    Did a soft reset on the SatNav, deleted the "unknown device" & rebooted the PC. I plugged the Start 25 back in & got a TomTom" device listed under the network adapters, but it has made no difference, I'm still getting "Connecting" as soon as I plug it in, then after a couple of minutes "Not Responding". The device just sits on the Connecting to your computer" screen
  • PeterDKPeterDK Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here, and it worked previously, actually I liked TomTom Home better as it had more functions. Now I try to cancel my speed-camera subscription - why have it if you can't install it? That doesn't work either. I am billed, but my account shows "no subscriptions".
    Now I am transferring all my private IP's to my Garmin, manually. Guess why?
    I have also tried a "hard reset" - by holding the power button for 20 seconds, then tapping it 3 times. The device went into recovery mode & the MyDrive connect showed "connecting" - and then "not Responding"

I have blown air into the USB slot from a photographic lens cleaner & it does not look clogged or damaged. I have not heard of a USB port just stopping - and given that the status switches from "Not Connected" to "Connecting" & plugging it in causes the driver to be reinstalled I would not have thought that was the problem

Is it possible to reload the software via the SD card slot?
    And I just installed MYDrive connect on a laptop & the device updated at the first attempt. Both laptop & desktop (which I have used to update the SatNav before)are Windows 10
    I have no idea what is going on, but at least it is now up to date