Go 40 will not pair with new Samsung Galaxy A51 bluetooth — TomTom Community

Go 40 will not pair with new Samsung Galaxy A51 bluetooth

I am in the UK and not able to pair my Go 40 with my new Samsung Galaxy A51 phone using bluetooth.
I have switched on bluetooth tethering on the phone, made sure the device was discoverable (the phone connected instantly to the audio device in the car), deleted the previously paired phone from the TomTom and did a drum roll restart, but the phone and the Go 40 just do not 'see' each other.

Has anyone else had a problem with this phone and their TomTom device?
Any suggestions on how to fix this please?

Thanks.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,871 Moderator
    Hi @MRick

Welcome to the community! I would recommend once again deleting the pairing on the phone and performing a factory reset on the device.
    Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favorites on the device you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

Once the factory reset is done, try pairing the GO 40 again.

Regards, Vikram
  • MRickMRick Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    Hello Vikram,

Thanks for your reply.
    I did a factory reset on my Go 40 and tried pairing with my phone, but the two devices are still not seeing each other - pairing was not successful.
    Tried a drum roll restart on my Go 40 after the factory reset and restarted my phone and they have now successfully paired :)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,511
    Superuser
    Hi @MRick

Glad you are sorted. Thanks for the additional info on what you did.

Doug
    No problem. Though i would just add what i did to get it sorted as it may be of help to others with similar issues in the future.