2012 Laguna Nav keeps rebooting — TomTom Community

2012 Laguna Nav keeps rebooting

costajuscostajus Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I have a 2012 Laguna TomTom with the built in navigation.

Today I put the SD card into my PC and was told I should install the latest QuickGPSfix ver 1595872524 (60k). I had already copied everything from the SD card to my PC as a backup just in case.

I went ahead with downloading this update and after putting the SD card back into the car I found the nav screen constantly rebooting. I get an egg timer, then the Renault logo, then the initial warning screen. At this point if I am quick I can OK the warning and get into the menu very briefly before it hangs. After a few seconds it reboots and I get the egg timer again and so on in a never ending loop.

I have tried deleting the loopdir folder on the SD card.

I have also tried re-installing the firmware on the nav unit then restoring my backup to the SD card but still the same thing.

No idea what else to try - I wish I had not bothered doing what TomTom suggest you do to keep things up to date!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,128
    Superuser
    Hi @costajus

Lest see what @VikramK has to suggest tomorrow. Look back then.

Doug
  • costajuscostajus Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I've managed to get it working again but not in a very satisfactory way. I copied a backup of the SD card from 26/07/2018 back onto the SD card and it seems to be working again so I am reluctant to mess with it again.

I was going to buy the latest maps today hence I put the SD card into my PC and started off by downloading the suggested software update to QuickGPSFix which was where all my problems started.

I would still like to get the newest maps but I don't want to repeat the headache I have just had spending ages sorting this issue out.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,128
    Superuser
    Hi @costajus

Lets see what Vikram has to say.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    Hi @costajus

I have reactivated the map for your device. Please follow the steps I advised in my comment here

Thanks, Vikram