Which models have a headphone socket? — TomTom Community

Which models have a headphone socket?

Hi,
As per the title, which models have a 3.5mm headphone socket? It doesn't have to be a new model; any older model would be fine as long as it has a headphone socket.
Thanks

Comments

• nabunabu Posts: 15,621
    Superusers
    Salut,

to put on which device has no knowledge of gps
  • KnobblyKnobbly Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Sorry, but I don't understand your comment.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Hi @Knobbly

Welcome to the community!
    The hardware on theTomTom models by design doesn't support headphone sockets. If you are looking for a TomTom RIDER then it can be paired to a compatible headset via Bluetooth®.

Thanks, Vikram
    I believe a TomTom XL has a headphone socket - is this correct?
    I do not wish to use Bluetooth.
  • fergussionfergussion Posts: 91 [Revered Navigator]
    edited July 2020
    Are you sure about buying an XL model? They stopped selling them years ago. Won't be surprised to know if that range is not supported.
    edited July 2020
    For what I wil be using it for I won't need support, just a sat nav with a headphone socket.
    Here's the thing - They may add a few new ones, but they rarely remove roads from the road network!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,966
    Superuser
    Hi @Knobbly

Have a look here and you will see how many XL models have been declared obsolete so new maps and Traffic data are no longer available. The only exception is a unit that was sold with Lifetime maps but that is becoming more difficult as some are having to accept cut down versions of the maps and if they moved to a new zone need to change the map.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/#car

Doug
    edited July 2020
    Knobbly wrote: »
    For what I wil be using it for I won't need support, just a sat nav with a headphone socket.
    Here's the thing - They may add a few new ones, but they rarely remove roads from the road network!

I don't need the latest maps.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,966
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Knobbly

Tap on Manuals on the right of this page, Click on Manuals and Release info. and scroll and click through the lists and look through the various XL manuals and see if you can find any reference to a Headphone socket. I have looked at one and there is no mention.

You might be surprised about roads are not removed etc I once drove from Santander to Valencia followed by a friend in our motorhomes. He followed me for circa 500 miles and he had what was a top of the range model when he bought just a few years earlier. He did not have a PC so had never updated it and after he commented that whilst following me his TT was saying he was in the middle of a field most of the time I updated his unit for the return journey.

Doug