anyone have any way of actually speaking to customer support?? — TomTom Community

anyone have any way of actually speaking to customer support??

jencropjencrop Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
I have a major problem with my tomtom device and need to speak to customer services. Tomtom seem to keep their phone number and email address hidden! on the support/contact us page, the only option is the virtual assistant (no help), user guides (no help) and videos (beyond useless!) and this community. anyone any ideas??
thank you

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    Hi @jencrop

There is no Phone based Customer Support during the current crisis with so many working from home.

What is the problem with your unit just in case someone has an idea how to resolve the issue.

Doug
  • jencropjencrop Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    tried to upload the update for maps as I do every 6 months or so, plus paid for new speed camera download. tried 7 times to do this and all that has happened is the device has been wiped and will not upload the new map. I have wasted hours on this so far and now have a very expensive, useless bit of plastic!!
    I work for the NHS and we have coped during the covid pandemic, how is it that the whole of customer services decide to stop helping! unbelievable!!
    I wouldnt mind if there was even an email to contact these people
    Superuser
    Hi @jencrop

There is Chat line and Email customer service .but is very busy.

Does this help.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

If it is a unit that uses Wifi directly to Update etc then this is the relevant video.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/gaslow-and-calor-gas-together.223535/

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @jencrop

This is a link to show how you may get in contact with Customer Service.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

You may find that after you sign in as shown the next page is different. You may see a Red Contact Us bottom right. Tap theat and Type Help in next box and tap to go to next page. This will be a Help headed box Tap contact us bottom of that and this should show a page saying Chat and email. Try chat and if you can't get through as very busy try the email option. This can take some time to respond.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @jencrop

You have not said or put in your profile what GO unit you have.

Doug
    thanks for your help, the links didn't work as the website always reverted back to this community resource. However, the youtube link someone posted that you put a link to was very helpful and I have now finally managed to get the map on my device!!
    I still think it's really poor customer service on tomtom's part however, that there is no way of calling or emailing!!
    It's a good thing there are other users who know what to do!
    thanks
    Superuser
    HI @jencrop

Glad you are sorted.. Some posting here have been able to get through so it is possible. Sometimes changing your browser sorts it.

Doug