Why No Europe Speed Camera? — TomTom Community

Why No Europe Speed Camera?

BlackfiveBlackfive Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
What is going on? Firstly I came to renew the Europe speed camera annual subscription to find that it defaulted to the world one which is more than twice the price I was paying. Then secondly I got emails saying that my subscription had been renewed for the world one that I never bought for the last two months for just a month.
I do NOT want the world speed camera data especially when only travelling in the UK as I'm then paying for a lot more than I need. If there is no other option but to use the world speed cameras then to reduce the cost I will only be wanting to pay for the odd month when undertaking a long journey therefore reducing the cost of the expensive world one. This will result in TomTom being paid less money than they would have got when I paid for the annual Europe speed cameras.
If the Europe speed cameras don't reappear then it's bad planning by TomTom as their income will be reduced.
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Hi @Blackfive

The subscriptions for Europe speed cameras have been discontinued a while ago.
    If you have been charged for a recurring speed cameras subscription then you can cancel it on your account, see this article- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013902260

Thanks, Vikram
  • BlackfiveBlackfive Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Blackfive

The subscriptions for Europe speed cameras have been discontinued a while ago.
    If you have been charged for a recurring speed cameras subscription then you can cancel it on your account, see this article- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013902260

Thanks, Vikram

This is disgusting as I didn't order anything so the payment is an unauthorised transaction which is therefore illegal. If TomTom doesn't reply to my email with a refund and cancel whatever they have subscribed me to without my authority then I'll be reporting them to my credit card company for taking an unauthorised payment. This is actually fraudulently obtaining payments.