GO Supreme device is not alerting red light camera's — TomTom Community

GO Supreme device is not alerting red light camera's

AshokgoAshokgo Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I bought new go supreme device. Device is not alerting me for speed light cameras. Country Australia

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,690
    Superusers
    edited July 19
    Hi
    @Ashokgo
    Welcome to the site...
    Firstly Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About
    Are the Speed Cams listed... As Active ??? If 'NO'.... The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...

Serena or Malcolm... Here in the UK
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will give the normal Dong/Dong Warning
    Followed by....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you set-up a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AshokgoAshokgo Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am getting alerts for red light cameras but not for speed cameras
    Yes, on settings I see the speed camera is active
    This is for Australia and go supreme
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,338
    Superuser
    Hi @Ashokgo

Assuming you have gone into settings and made sure all the cameras you want warnings for are selected then I would do a Soft Reset. IE Turn the unit on and when ready to use Press and Hold the ON/OFF button in for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go, If you get a screen with white writing you have held the button too long after the drumroll.

If that does not cure it then a Factory Reset would be my next move. Check in your account on the My Drive website that all your My places and and any POI and Routes on your unit are saved there. If they are they will be synced back to your unit when it connects yo My Drive after the Reset. This reset will not change the current versions of the Operating Software and Maps.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

If that fails to sort it then Customer Support is your next option

I would certainly recommend the use of a Computerised voice with the unit set to Verbal, Sound and Visual warnings as the Cameras are announced by type. As you are in Australia it is not Serena. Have a look in voices for a computerised voice. They are usually listed at the top of the Voice list. If you cannot find one then advise back here and we can ask one of the Mods to add one to your account.

Doug
    I did the reset, but still the same issue, I get Red Light camera Alerts but not the speed camera alerts
    how can I get to customer care support for live chat?
    Superusers
    edited July 22
    Hi
    @Ashokgo
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...(Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1711834#Comment_1711834/p1

Also Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)
    Are any 'Sound Icons' slashed through ??? it’s really easy to turn off a Sound Icon when swiping through the Menus

v412wdu3g07c.jpg

ATB YFM
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 685 [Revered Pioneer]
    @Ashokgo ,

Can I ask a "silly-question"? Does this occur for EVERY Speed Camera Location or just SOME?

If it is just some, my own experience is that TomTom is NOT necessarily up to date with its Camera Location & quite a few are missing!
  • IMAPOIIMAPOI Posts: 26 [Master Traveler]
    I too have noticed that a lot of the speed cameras are NOT available compared to my previous tomtom (520)
    I have also noticed with the supreme is that I'm unable set up "red light cameras " as "only when speeding " I have 2 options "always" or " never"
    Very annoying
    Superusers
    edited September 28
    Hi
    @JohnNH
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you set up a Wide Traffic/Route Bar....

93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM