speed camera update for a Go50? — TomTom Community

speed camera update for a Go50?

Hi, I have a Go50 which is now getting quite old but works perfectly. Despite not using it that much since I am now retired I keep it updated. I have just done so and noticed that my speed camera update was about to expire and adjacent there was an offer of a 3 month update for £1 that I accepted and paid for. However the expiry date has not changed and below I noticed some small print that this satnav is no longer going to receive updates.
It read..."TomTom has stopped selling services for this device. Your trusted device will still work perfectly but you will no longer be able to buy any new services."
So it looks like I have bought something that is not for my satnav and to be honest I am very confused as to what is really going on and I would be very grateful if somebody could kindly clarify this for me.
Many thanks, Nick

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,550
    Superuser
    Hi @claretfc

You need to get in contact with Customer support. There are no phone lines available with many working rom home meanwhile I am not sure the unit has been made obsolete.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

Doug
  • claretfcclaretfc Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Doug
    Many thanks for your response. I will check out the link that you kindly provided.
    Nick
  • PTHOPTHO Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I PAID FOR 3 MONTHS SPEED CAMERA UPDATES,BUT THIS DOES NOT APPEAR ON SCREEN SO I CANNOT UPDATE.
    Superuser
    Hi @PTHO

A few have mentioned this problem and it is being looked at. Contacting Customer Support is the route.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

If after signing in you get a Red Contact Us bottom Right then Type Help in the box you get not Chat and Tap Contact us at bottom of help headed Box.

Doug
  • LissagriffinLissagriffin Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have the same problem as @PTHO. My online account is showing that the speed camera update I just paid for is ready to install, but nothing is showing on my device, despite the device being logged in to my account, connected to a power supply and connected to wifi.
    Superuser
    Hi @Lissagriffin

Contact customer support.

Try this

Go to the bottom of this page and Select Contact Us under the heading Support
    Tap on the Red Contact Us
    Type Help in the Red box and hit return
    Help Box appears with a number of suggestions. Select Contact Us at the bottom of the box.
    You now get a box with Chat/Email. options

The chat facility is very busy so you may have to try a few times before you get a connection.

Doug