Carminat Error: No Usable locations near GPS position — TomTom Community

Carminat Error: No Usable locations near GPS position

Simon_BloreSimon_Blore Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited October 2020 in Built in car navigation
Hi,
I wonder if anyone has experienced this error and, more importantly, whether there is a cure for it.
I recently purchased the map of Europe, along with France & Italy. The SD card that came with the car wasn't large enough for this update, so I used a larger (16gb) card. everything appeared to download & copy across OK, but when I start the sat nav and try to input a destination in Europe (Italy & France), I get the error: No usable locations near GPS position. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    Hi @Simon_Blore

Welcome to the community!

Is the device able to lock to a GPS signal?
    Have you selected the country on the device before you search for the location?

Regards
    Vikram
  • Simon_BloreSimon_Blore Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram

Thanks for your reply.
    I have tried again today, but rather than using the individual country map (France, Italy) I have loaded the Western Europe map. Strangely it appears to have worked this way round... Is there any reason for this? As long as it continues to work I'm happy to continue using the W Europe map :)
    Thanks again for your help.
  • Simon_BloreSimon_Blore Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi DougLap
    Thanks for that. The only reason I used the other two separate country maps was 'because they were there'. I downloaded them at the same time as Western Europe, and as they were higher up the list on my Carminat screen they were selected first. However, it'll be the W Europe map from now on!
    Thanks again both for your help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,897
    Superuser
    Hi @Simon_Blore

Glad you are sorted .

Doug
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0