Voice change — TomTom Community

Voice change

Albert89Albert89 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello, my android phone is set in Catalonian and tomtom amigo can't speek it, it's extrange because google maps speeks it very well, so , if I change the phone languege to english tomtom amigo works well but I can't tell my route to google maps because the names of the streets in my country are in catalonian, so I need to have my phone in catalonian but then tomtom amigo wouldn't work, I have downloaded google text to espeech in English, Spanish and Catalonian but tomtom amigo only tries to speek the primary language wich the phone. What can I do?

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi @Albert89

Welcome to the Community! We are working on new TomTom voices but it will take some time before we have them. So, for now, it is using Google TTS (which is dependent on the system language) or manufacturer voices (Samsung/Huawei, etc). You need to choose the one you like the best.

Another option for you is to download a TTS app like "Acapela TTS", we know that works with AmiGO.

Regards, lampard
  • Albert89Albert89 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello Lampard. Thanks for the answer! I just tried an Australian voice from acapela, now I see the problem I have.... My phone is in Catalonian and Tomtom Amigo same, and I can't put it in English unless i change all my phone to English, I can't find the option to switch languages inside the app... now I have tomtom amigo with an Australian girl voice trying to speak Catalonian........... Is there the possibility to change the app language? All the menus ara in Catalonian, not only the voice....
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi @Albert89

The AmiGO app language is dependent on the phone. If you change the language on the phone, it'll reflect in the AmiGO as well. Try changing the phone's language to English.

Cheers, lampard
  • Albert89Albert89 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi lampard, yeah I know that but then I can't spell the GPS the directions in my country because they are not in english, If there is no possibility to change the language inside the app, it will be no possibility to use it....