Rider 550 / no route possible to any address — TomTom Community

Rider 550 / no route possible to any address

chilglordchilglord Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,

On the same map, I try any address (history or new addresses) from home and the GPS always answer "no route possible"

Any suggestion ?
Thanks,
Xtof

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    edited July 17
    Hi
    @chilglord
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    Edit Link fixed.... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

ATB YFM
  • chilglordchilglord Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited July 17
    Hello @YamFazMan

Thanks. The link doesn't work but I did the reset as you explained inline and it didn't work. The issue remind the same.
    The version is 19.201.0010.411 with European Map v1050.10249

Best Regards,
    Xtof

I am very disappointed by Tomtom.
    I had 4 Riders. I was early fan but It will be my last purchase.

My device is unusable.

How it is possible to offer such support ?
    This kind of community is ok for open source software but not for this kind of products sold at this price :-/

Regards,
    Chilglord
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    Hi @chilglord

The addresses that you are getting no route possible do you have maps that cover the complete route to between the start and finish?

Can you give an example of when it says no route possible with a list of the maps you have.

Doug
    Hello @DougLap,
    I saw posts about that issue and i precised in my post that is the same map (Europe).
    I have the issue for any addresses including the into the same city.
    I have an example like Paris 38 rue Saint Paul to 34 Allée Vivaldi
    Regards,
    Chilglord
    Superuser
    edited July 20
    Hi @chilglord

I dont have a Rider so have just tried it on my Go Camper and it produces a camper or car route from the UK to the end of your route via the start you gave..

Does the issue still occur if you go outside and the unit has locked onto the Sats.

May be @YamFazMan can try on his Rider to see if he has the issue.

Doug
    Thanks @DougLap,

I left the GPS at the windows. No information if the Sats are locked but the map is colored.

It worked a couple of weeks ago.
    I already had the issue and a reboot solved it but now it isn't possible to make it works.
    the GPS refuse to calcule any route and print "no route possible".

I checked route in the same street and is works.
    It look like than the traffic data show up a street no possible to use at the end of my one way street (no true). So impossible to leave the street according the data traffic. It seem to be the cause...
    I went to BT menu to deactivate the traffic update with my phone but it seems to no work for now.

The GPS believes I am in a cage...

Regards,
    Chilglord
    Superuser
    Hi @chilglord

If you are surrounded by buildings then getting a Sat signal can be difficult just like you lose the Sat connection in a tunnel and it can take time to reconnect the you exit the tunnel. Even placing the unit by a window does not necessarily give you good access to the Sats especially if there are Trees and Building obstruction clear access to the sky.

Doug
    It isn't the case here because the GPS have the right position and I can go from the 32 to the 40 of the same street.

It seems to be the data traffic. It is always on the map and impossible to escape.

6gt4vh5p89z4.jpg

Regards,
    Chilglord
    Superuser
    Hi @chilglord

My units do not show any the traffic issue as I am in the UK however I see that the closed roads are shown in My Drive and that manages to suggest a route that requires you to turn Left out of the end of Rue Saint Paul.. Is that possible? Looks like that could well be a cause of the issue.

Doug
    Is it possible to turn left (right also for a couple,of meters) but the GPS doesn't want to use that solution. It is a trap :-(
    There is not way the neutralize that informations. It is a layer, it should possible disable it ?